Coffee Shop

Rheo

Wanted: One Viking. Must Furnish His Own Sword.

Today the Minnesota Vikings played the Washington Redskins here in Minnesota. Before the game, several thousand protesters turned out at the University of Minnesota to demand that Redskins owner Dan Snyder change the team’s name. Among them was old-timer Clyde Bellecourt:

“We are standing up against this monster team that is here today and to this Jewish person who should know a little bit about genocide,” Bellecourt said in a reference to the Holocaust during WWII that left 6 million Jews dead under Nazi Germany.

The Holocaust vs. having a team named the “Redskins.” Hmm, that’s a close one all right. And the Redskins are a “monster team?” There might be a few Giants fans who have felt that way over the years, but come on.

(Snip)

Comments

10426283_10205220211849504_9122741100704

Bob Diethrich · Top Commenter · AP Macroeconomics Teacher at Katy ISD

I think that team from the nation's capital should drop that name that brings about nothing but shame and disgust from most rational thinking persons. Yep, they should just be the REDSKINS from now on.

@Valin

Put a red spud on the helmet....or drop the KINS [REDSKINS] and you'd have an appropriate name to include with Washington.....or just......shut....up.

9f06d365d73e946179c0ad56c50029af.jpg

Spuds+on+the+Warpath.jpg

WashingtonHoldersPeople.jpg

obama-redskins4.jpg

New-Redskins-Logo.jpg

I'm a little nervous about all the election articles/polls coming out about R's victories tomorrow. Worried they are trying to gen up Dems, and push down R voting.

I'm a little nervous about all the election articles/polls coming out about R's victories tomorrow. Worried they are trying to gen up Dems, and push down R voting.

Hope you're wrong, we'll know tomorrow.

I don't think it will keep the GOP vote down. Reason being Barack Obama.

• Like 1

DNC offering bumper stickers for every time you vote....put 'em on your car...or Grandpa's gravestone!

1103OPEDking-superJumbo-550x641.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Some Pre/Post Election Advice from Sun Tzu http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/67236

As the elections on November 4th draw ever nearer I would like to share some words of advice from Sun Tzu’s (circa 544–496 BC) classic ‘The Art of War’.

Scissors-32x32.png

Should Republicans fail to take the Senate, then I would say that civil war breaking out down the road will move from the realm of possibility, to probability. Such being the case, I thought that sharing some my favorite bits of Sun Tzu’s sage advice would perhaps be appreciated by readers – you never know when it might come in handy.

Astute readers will perhaps note that several, if not all, of the below aphorisms have been (are being) used against “we the people.”

I pray that we never need to put Sun Tzu’s advice to the test – but as the saying goes: “Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.”

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.

If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.

If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

[Other considerations such as tactics, strategy, logistics, etc. must of course be taken into account, but nonetheless I feel that Sun Tzu’s advice here is of prime importance].

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.

Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.

Thereby you can be the director of the opponent’s fate.

The ultimate in disposing one’s troops is to be without ascertainable shape.

Then the most penetrating spies cannot pry in nor can the wise lay plans against you. And therefore those skilled in war bring the enemy to the field of battle and are not brought there by him.

When the enemy is at ease, be able to weary him; when well fed, to starve him; when at rest, to make him move.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.

A leader leads by example not by force.

If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, the general is to blame.

Speed is the essence of war.

Take advantage of the enemy’s unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.

Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.

Sun Tzu “The Art of War”

Via iOTWReports

New Agitprop Art Show Opens In Moscow.....http://reason.com/blog/2014/11/03/putin-spanks-obama-in-new-russian-propag

This one is called Targeted Sanctions

targeted-sanctions-andrew-makh.jpg?h=233

Vladimir "Putin is a gift to caricaturists," said Barry Blitt, a New Yorker artist, when he designed a Sochi Olympic-themed cover earlier this year, featuring the Russian leader in frilly ice skating attire. The caricature artists of Russia take a very different approach. On Friday a gallery titled "No Filters" with the work of about 100 cartoonists opened in Moscow, and just about all their images show Putin favorably: as a strongman, a political chess master, and a fighter against fascists and terrorists. In one conspicuously large work, Putin is spanking President Barack Obama, who has the body of schoolboy.

"Targeted sanctions," the caption on that caricature reads – a jab at America's economic strategy against Russia's war of aggression in Ukraine.

Another image shows Putin tugging on Obama's ear, scolding him not to "touch" Ukraine again.

A third shows Obama and Ukraine's president, both dressed as peasant girls working the fields, cowering from Putin who sits atop a tank and asks, "Hey girls, have you seen any fascists here?"

Via iOTWReports

A Parable

Mitch Berg

Nov. 4 2014

(SCENE: A small aircraft is flying over the prairie. Inside the plane are:

• Carpal POX: a golf pro from Wayzata, and Vice Chair for Ideological Purity at the Minnesota 5th CD Libertarian Party

• Viktor VON-SCHLIEFFENBERG-MOLTKE: a professional fraternity organizer, and Vice Chair for Education at the 5th CD Libertarian Party

• Stephanie Marie ANNAN: Community Organizer for the Minnesota 5th CD Libertarian party.

• Mitch BERG: Guy, travelling space-available

• Buck SAVAGE: The pilot.

Suddenly, the right engine bursts into flames. The plane begins to vibrate and starts to swerve to the right)

SAVAGE: Crap! Everybody grab a parachute! We’ve gotta bail out!

(Snip)

• Like 1

Hope everyone noticed the post in N&O I made this morning. Our slimeball AG released over 60,000 Fast and Furious documents during the election mayhem last night!!!!

• Like 3

Hope everyone noticed the post in N&O I made this morning. Our slimeball AG released over 60,000 Fast and Furious documents during the election mayhem last night!!!!

What a coincidence! Right when no one is paying attention. OTOH it appears the Judge did not give them much choice. Release them or someone is going to jail.

• Like 2

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_71328

David Burge @iowahawkblog - Follow

This isn't a mandate for Republicans, it's a restraining order on Democrats.

*****************************************************************************************************

David Burge @iowahawkblog · 5h 5 hours ago

Breaking: 53 year old man irritated by getting first tough question in the 6th year of the first job he's ever had

David Burge @iowahawkblog · 13h 13 hours ago

BREAKING: Walmart tampon & condom aisles stripped bare by panicked hoarders

*****************************************************************************************************

David Burge @iowahawkblog · 15h 15 hours ago

The only plausible explanation for the GOP wave last night: widespread voter fraud. We need to enact voter ID to prevent it again.

David Burge @iowahawkblog · 16h 16 hours ago

Congrats to racist old white men Joni Ernst, Tim Scott, Mia Love, Nikki Haley and Elise Stefanik.

Via WeaselZippers

• Like 1

I am seeing my eye dr. today and will probably get my eyes dilated. Going to remember to take a baseball cap with me and will be sure to turn it around the right way! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Probably the only truth to come out of the corpulent NC NAACP Leader's mouth in years....

Snap1_zps794058ef.jpg

Translation for the non-Liberal thinking public....

"Kay would have won if we'd had the normal voter fraud and illegals voting."

WRAL

• Like 2