Coffee Shop

Rheo

WestVirginiaRebel

The Only Japanese Pilot To Bomb America

A quiet, humble man who in his later years was deeply ashamed of his air raids on the United States, Mr. Fujita eventually forged a remarkable bond of friendship with the people of Brookings, the small logging town whose surrounding forests he had bombed. Last week, as he lay dying, the town council of Brookings hailed Mr. Fujita an ''ambassador of good will'' and proclaimed him an ''honorary citizen'' of the town.

On his first postwar visit to Brookings in 1962, Mr. Fujita carried with him a 400-year-old samurai sword that had been handed down in his family from generation to generation. He presented the sword, which he had carried with him throughout the war, to Brookings as a symbol of his regret, and it now hangs in the local library.

Mr. Fujita's daughter, Yoriko Asakura, said today that there was a bit more to the story. She recalled that her father had been very anxious before that visit, fretting about whether Oregonians would be angry at him for the bombing, and so he had decided to carry the sword so that if necessary he could appease their fury by committing ritual suicide, disemboweling himself with the sword in the traditional Japanese method known as seppuku.

''He thought perhaps people would still be angry and would throw eggs at him,'' Mrs. Asakura recalled, adding that ''if that happened, as a Japanese, he wanted to take responsibility for what he had done'' by committing seppuku.

Mr. Fujita's grandson, Fumihiro Asakura, said his grandfather had been deeply moved that the people of Brookings treated him hospitably, showering him with affection and respect that he felt he did not deserve. From this remarkable mutual magnanimity, Mr. Fujita began the metamorphosis from an enemy bomber of Brookings to its honorary citizen.

Obama denied golf at several ritzy golf courses, over the Labor Day weekend.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/President-Obama-Rejected-Trump-Golf-Course-Westchester-274423351.html

President Obama was turned down at several top golf courses in Westchester while he was visiting the area over Labor Day weekend, sources tell NBC 4 New York.

The Trump National Golf Club, the Winged Foot and Willow Ridge were among some of the elite courses that rebuffed the president's request to tee off there, according to several sources who were told about the president's advance team's calls to the club managers.

Tweet from Trump:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

If Obama resigns from office NOW, thereby doing a great service to the country—I will give him free lifetime golf at any one of my courses!

3:22 PM - 10 Sep 2014

Via TheoSpark

• Like 1

A joke.

**********************************************************************************************************************

A CNN Reporter, BBC Reporter, and an Israeli commando were captured by terrorists in Iraq. The leader of the terrorists told them that he would grant them each one last request before they were beheaded.

The CNN Reporter said, ‘Well, I’m an American, so I’d like one last hamburger with French fries.”

The leader nodded to an underling who left and returned with the burger & fries.

The reporter ate it and said “Now, I can die.”

The BBC Reporter said, ‘I’m a reporter to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what’s about to happen. Maybe someday someone will hear it and know that I was on the job till the end.”

The terror leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder and dictated some comments.

The reporter then said, ‘Now I can die knowing I stayed true until the end.”

The leader turned and said, “And now, Mr. Israeli tough guy, what is your final wish?”

“Kick me in the ass,” said the soldier.

“What?’ asked the leader, “Will you mock us in your last hour?”

“No, I’m not kidding. I want you to kick me in the ass,” insisted the Israeli.

So the leader shoved him into the open and kicked him in the ass.

The soldier went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9 mm pistol from under his flak jacket, and shot the leader dead. In the resulting confusion, he jumped to his knapsack, pulled out his carbine and sprayed the terrorists with gunfire.

In a flash, all terrorists were either dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the soldier was untying the reporters, they asked him, “Why didn’t you just shoot them in the beginning? Why did you ask them to kick you in the ass first?”

“What?” replied the Israeli, “and have you report that I was the aggressor?”

Breitbart via DougRoss@Journal http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/07/A-Cnn-reporters-BBC-reporters-Israeli-commando-Captured

• Like 2

I now feel ashamed at being a white male. We must try harder to over come the inherent racism/sexism here in America.

@Valin! I'm also ashamed that you're a white male. [ Thought you'd like the support ]

I will take a knee before my God....and at rare times....before my lovely bride.

Other than that.....I'd rather die on my feet than on my knees....especially for these helpless snowflakes.

This BS is intended to make white men accept the same posture as our flakey pResident....uhh..."buns up & kneelin'"....and that ain't me. I have no white mans guilt...and I treat women with all the courtesy & respect that they deserve from a man.

Obama's ISIS Campaign Twitter Hash-tag Naming Contest here: https://twitter.com/hashtag/NameObamaISISOperation?src=hash

Some good ones:

jimgeraghty‏@jimgeraghty·Sep 10- #NameObamaISISOperation Operation Cautious Fury

Shaughn‏@Shaughn_A·Sep 10- #NameObamaISISOperation Operation Strategic Ignorance

Bossy Brat‏@JGalt9·Sep 10- #NameObamaISISOperation Operation Waffle

• Like 1

Wilde Card http://www.mobilebaymag.com/Mobile-Bay/September-2014/Wilde-Card/

Mobilians of the Victorian Era reacted with humor, excitement and dismay when an internationally renowned wordsmith lectured Port City citizens on the value of art.

0cc7c789f1221f8f7daa24b51c3aedda.jpeg?ve

One of 19th-century Mobile’s most colorful and memorable visitors was Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie Wills Wilde. The flamboyant Irishman was touring the United States in 1882, and though he had yet to publish his great plays, he was already internationally famous for his championship of the Aesthetic Movement in the arts. His epigrams were legendary, and from the start of his American travels he didn’t disappoint. At the customs desk in New York, shortly after his arrival, he announced, “I have nothing to declare except my genius.”

Wilde, left, was 27 years old and over 6 feet tall, with long hair and soulful eyes. His outfits — knee breeches, velvet jackets, slippers and a lily or sunflower in the hand — were the subject of much interest. As an aesthete, Wilde advocated a rejection of Victorian décor as vulgar and overproduced. He was influenced by the Pre-Raphaelites in wanting to move back to before the Renaissance for a more natural expression of painting, sculpture and literature. He was an advocate of art for art’s sake.

On tour, two assistants accompanied Wilde: his black valet, W.M. Traquail, who took care of his elaborate and extensive wardrobe, and an advance man who booked reservations. The press followed Wilde’s visit in great detail. By the spring, he was in the South, appearing in Memphis, Vicksburg and New Orleans.

The editor of the Mobile Register wrote, “Can’t he be prevailed to come here and lecture at Frascati Park?” Alert to press accounts and sensing opportunity, Wilde’s advance man traveled to Mobile and made the necessary arrangements.

Scissors-32x32.png

More than 300 tickets to his lecture had already been sold at 75 cents each. Getting into the spirit of the occasion, the Register reported that interest “seems to be utterly intense.” At the corner of Church and St. Emanuel streets, things were utterly too too intense as Mrs. Fanny Williams Tompkins prepared her house for a reception in honor of Wilde. Mrs. Tompkins was a patron of the local theater and a leading member of the Mobile Reading Club. Her husband, John, was an attorney and state solicitor.

Before his evening lecture, Wilde stood on their polished floors, surrounded by admirers. Prominently absent was Mobile’s own most famous writer, Augusta Evans Wilson. She haughtily trashed her personal invitation, grumbling that Wilde’s “life defames his art.”

Frascati Park was the perfect site for Wilde’s appearance. Developed in the late 1860s where Brookley Field is today, and named for an ancient Roman resort, the park overlooked Mobile Bay and featured a sandy beach, swing sets and an open-air pavilion where Wilde was to speak.

A reporter called the June 28, 1882, gathering “larger and more brilliant than any ever yet seen at our summer theatre.” Extra streetcars were pressed into service, pulled by “aesthetic mules” wearing sunflowers in their straw hats.

Wilde later remembered “an enterprising boy at Mobile who made twenty-five dollars selling sunflowers to the people who came to my lecture. That boy will be a congressman yet — who knows.”

At 8:30 p.m. Wilde delivered a prepared lecture on the decorative arts.

“We confess to have gone to Frascati with decided prejudice against Mr. Wilde,” admitted one reviewer, “but candor compels us to admit that such prejudice was unfounded. We expected to hear an extravaganza pronounced by a buffoon, but instead we heard a very chaste and finished lecture from quite a cultivated gentleman. He preaches the doctrine that the good, the substantial and truly elegant should enter into the fabric of our social life.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheoSpark

Why John McCain needs to go:

unnamed1-vi1.jpg

John McCain met with the leaders of ISIS in Syria last year and promised to support them

with arms, funding, and training. These are the "vetted" groups that Obama plans to use

except...they don't exist anymore...because they're ISIS.

Via BareNakedIslam

unnamed1-vi1.jpg

John McCain met with the leaders of ISIS in Syria last year and promised to support them

with arms, funding, and training. These are the "vetted" groups that Obama plans to use

Via BareNakedIslam

And BareNakedIslam would do....what?

I am not a huge fan of John McCain, but I would say it is one thing to sit in the peanut gallery and throw brickbats, it is an entirely different thing to actually get in the game. I await with eager anticipation they actually doing some thing..I mean other than thumping their chest.

unnamed1-vi1.jpg

Via BareNakedIslam

And BareNakedIslam would do....what?

I am not a huge fan of John McCain, but I would say it is one thing to sit in the peanut gallery and throw brickbats, it is an entirely different thing to actually get in the game. I await with eager anticipation they actually doing some thing..I mean other than thumping their chest.

@Valin

.....and another of your "unapproved" websites, from which to link.

I lose track of what you consider acceptable...........not being "right thinking" or following your lone, correct world-view.

Read my tagline....it was written only......for you.

Now....for all the other incorrectly thinking people at this website:

This was posted to show how neither Democrats or Republicans [in McCain's case...that designation is debatable] can tell which group of Islamic combatants of the Levant, we should be redistributing another 5 freaking billion of our American tax money.

unnamed1-vi1.jpg

Via BareNakedIslam

This is thinking?

unnamed1-vi1.jpg

Via BareNakedIslam

This is thinking?

No. It's information.

Information that others can judge for themselves, as to it's merit.

You have a wonderful mind and a sharp wit, @Valin.

It is disturbing to me, to have you pass judgment on my posts or links.

I believe that the boundaries of thought should not be contained. Analyzed, discussed & debated, yes....but not demeaned or dismissed as not being the approved line.

You have a position as a moderator at this site...and yet, your comments are polarizing & stifling at times.

@SrWoodchuck

This is information? What information would that be? The John McCain made a mistake? That BareNakedIslam knew who this guy was before McCain showed up? That He know these were terrorists and met with them anyways, because...well I'm not really sure why, but it was probably a bad thing...McCain being a really bad person and all.

I don't pass judgement (criticize) all of them...just the silly ones, of which this is a prime example.

@SrWoodchuck

This is information? What information would that be? The John McCain made a mistake? That BareNakedIslam knew who this guy was before McCain showed up? That He know these were terrorists and met with them anyways, because...well I'm not really sure why, but it was probably a bad thing...McCain being a really bad person and all.

I don't pass judgement (criticize) all of them...just the silly ones, of which this is a prime example.

@Valin

Yes. It is information.

Fact: That particular picture was posted by many websites last year......discussed at the time as, a "folly of McCain's"....and dismissed by most, as a dangerous course of action.

Fact: The leader of ISIS [al-Baghdadi] was directly behind a "sitting" US Senator....who also advocated their support, with our guns-and-money. Al-Baghdadi.....who later was imprisoned as a terrorist....and subsequently released; gave us the warning that he would see his imprisoners in America.

Fact: Notwithstanding your posturing, self-centered, pseudo-intellectual bias....even BNI [or WND, et. al.] can produce items that stimulate discussion & debate without.......beggarly dismissal; as beneath your personal standards of truth, verity & merit.

Here's an example of your stifling mindset, turned back on you:

"Have you always been a Muslim adherent & apologist...or can you just not take what Bare Naked Islam has to say?"

I don't post that kind of crap, because it assumes a position that I can't claim as gospel truth.....it dismisses any reasoned argument I may have.....it puts focus on my bias & on the fact that I don't really know you....and it is rude; to dismiss your point of view as contemptible or not worthy of consideration.

Edited for grammar....and grampar....and more comment:

My post is relevant, because McCain is advocating the same thing that he did before....along with pResident Valerie Jarrett Obama....using much more of our money. I don't believe we should co-operate with Muslim Terror & Jihad....by giving them guns-and-our-money...to use against us....to "destroy our miserable house" here in dar-al-Harb.

Edited by SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

When that photo was taken, who knew who al-Baghdadi was? All anyone knew was he had been release and rehabilitated from Gitmo. Now you and other can accuse McCain of being wrong, he can be accused of being naive, but to demand he be cast into the outer darkness, tossed out of the Senate....no way. never mind the fact that it is not going to happen, no matter how much some may want it.

"Have you always been a Muslim adherent & apologist...or can you just not take what Bare Naked Islam has to say?"

Do you really want to go down that road? because if you do...I'm your huckleberry. The problem with sites like Bare Naked Islam...Jihad Watch is there are...simplistic, they view this war as black and white. when they post photos like this

image0011.jpg

People like al-Zawahiri...smile and say Thank You for helping us.