Melanie Phillips: Paying the price for Gaza

Valin

melanie-phillips-paying-the-price-for-gaza.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

September 2, 2014

I borrow from this HonestReporting post to note that Prominent British commentator Melanie Phillips addressed a crowd of nearly 300 people in Jerusalem’s Heichal Shlomo building on August 27 to address the subject: “The Jewish Diaspora: Paying the Price for Gaza.”

Referring to Israel as a “life-affirming place of hope where Jews are not on their knees but are fighting for the defense of civilization against barbarism,” Ms. Phillips noted how, in the discourse surrounding the Gaza conflict, anti-Israel attitudes had morphed into overt anti-Judaism in a “tsunami of bigotry and hatred.”

Using the UK as a case study, Phillips addressed attitudes towards Israel from both Muslims and left-wingers and so-called liberals before criticizing the UK Jewish community for failing to respond adequately and preferring to keep their heads down.

(Snip)

I assume that was Jacqueline Walker's voice and not yours.....

You assume correctly. It is not possible for me to say something as stupid as she did. I suggest she move to Gaza, there she will find which civilization Israel is defending.