BLUE STATE BLUES: WHY ARE CONSERVATIVES TARGETING PAUL RYAN?

Geee

Blue-State-Blues-Why-Are-Conservatives-Targeting-Paul-RyanBreitbart:

This week's indictment of Texas Gov. Rick Perry was a reminder of how Democrats and the media tear down any possible conservative contender for the presidency with frivolous lawsuits and baseless investigations. The trouble is that we conservatives do a fairly good job of tearing down potential leaders ourselves. The latest dubious target is Paul Ryan, who carried Tea Party and conservative hopes in the 2012 presidential election.

We have been tough on Ryan for his stance on immigration, taking him to task for working to enact legislation that would legalize millions of illegal aliens residing in the U.S. In a recent interview with Bloomberg News, Ryan went further, saying that illegal aliens could also earn full citizenship under his proposal.

In his new book, The Way Forward: Renewing the American Idea, Ryan recounts explaining to a pro-amnesty activist why he voted to defund President Obama's enactment of the “DREAM Act” by executive fiat.

“I explained the reasons for my vote, which went straight to the Constitution and the rule of law,” Ryan writes, a stance he gets little credit for on the right. Ryan went on to say he supports the policy, but only via legislation.Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

BLUE STATE BLUES: WHY ARE CONSERVATIVES TARGETING PAUL RYAN?

Because being Conservative does not prevent someone from being stupid.

Actually it should read Blue State Blues: Why Are SOME Conservatives Targeting Paul Ryan?

• Like 2

Paul Ryan is a bad terrible evil horrible wicked establishment squishy moderate RINO! Horse Whipping To Good For Him!!!

Paul Ryan and the tea party are breaking up

This past week, Ryan has hit the media circuit to publicize his new memoir, The Way Forward, in which he puts more distance between himself and the tea party. He has eschewed the phrase “makers and takers” and even rejected his previous analogy of the social safety net as a “hammock” that “lulls able-bodied people to lives of dependency and complacency.” Ryan’s repudiation of these phrases will be seen as yet another dismissal of the tea party worldview.

The final straw may have been his description of the government shutdown. In The Way Forward, Ryan calls that political strategy a “suicide mission.” As Sam Stein and Arthur Delaney write in the Huffington Post, Ryan’s account whitewashes his actual role in the shutdown. He was more supportive of it than he admits. But the message is clear: The tea party’s strategy hurt the Republican Party and should not be repeated. This has not gone over well on the right. In Politico Magazine, Scottie Nell Hughes, the news director of the Tea Party News Network, writes, “[W]e of the grassroots GOP are in no mood to hear that our push for defunding Obamacare and using the debt ceiling to force President Obama to curb reckless spending had all the wisdom of a Japanese kamikaze.”

“If Paul Ryan does not have enough tact to forgo insulting the conservatives within his own party,” she added, “then I have serious doubts he has the wisdom and judgment needed to lead the GOP to victory in 2016.”

Ryan’s fall from grace on the right is emblematic of his transition from ideologue to practical policymaker.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
@Geee @mozartlover What we real Conservatives want to know is what are you going to do about Paul Ryan and his becoming a traitor to all that is good and true and right?

I actually don't think Paul Ryan wants to run for President. I, of coursewink.png , could be wrong. He enjoys his home and family took much. He would do it for his country, I think, if pushed. I hate to see him ravaged by the opposition (and his own party). Throwing dirt at a good man, ala Scott Walker.

I read some articles about his Immigration reform and it seems who ever is talking about it has never even read his ideas on it. I don't agree with everything in it, but it is not an all out amnesty like they are putting it either. It mostly is an idea of what to do with the people who are here anyway. the steps they should go through to get some sort of worker IDs, and a long process for citizenship with fines etc etc.