Am I The Only One Who Doesn’t Care?

Valin

fullTownhall:

Derek Hunter

Aug 21, 2014

It seems like the world, or at least the media world, is obsessed with the happenings in Ferguson, Mo. No detail is too insignificant to speculate about, no matter how wild the speculation. I know more about it than I should, and I bet you do too.

We’ve been marinated in best guesses, wild speculation, hypotheticals and enough flat-out lies to make Tommy Flanagan blush. At this point, about the only thing we don’t know is what actually happened. But even after all this, I still can’t bring myself to care about any of it.

(Snip)

I’m getting off the merry-go-round by not caring in the first place. I’ll still talk about the race-baiting and the media manipulation meant to divide us as human beings, but that’s it. I can’t stop the ride in Ferguson by myself. I can’t change its course, but I’m damn sure not going to be a party to it. If you want to get wrapped up in events that don’t affect your life, if you want to be a pawn in the progressives’ manipulation game, knock yourself out. But like “global, thermal, nuclear war” in War Games, the only way to win is not to play. That’s the only way to stop this progressive political and media monster of manipulation and division.

I can’t be the only one, can I?

As a friend asked, "If it had been a white cop shooting a white kid, or a black cop shooting a white kid, or a black cop shooting a black kid, would we be hearing about it at this level?"

• Like 1

As a friend asked, "If it had been a white cop shooting a white kid, or a black cop shooting a white kid, or a black cop shooting a black kid, would we be hearing about it at this level?"

I think we all know the answer to that.