Protest over black Missouri teenager's shooting by police turns to looting, vandalism

WestVirginiaRebel

This is what Matt K. Lewis sounds like when he is being an idiot.

H/T Hot Air

How Ferguson made
conservatives
Matt Lewis lose faith in the police

FIFY blowhard

RickB on August 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Not this conservative.

They've been noticeably restrained IMO.

I cannot see why the Communists, Islamists & pure heathen, thieven' out-a-towner thugs have not been jailed for inciting a riot & arson.

More bayonets & grapeshot, please.....or at the very least....more zip-ties & "black Mariah's."

This is what Matt K. Lewis sounds like when he is being an idiot.

H/T Hot Air

How Ferguson made
conservatives
Matt Lewis lose faith in the police

FIFY blowhard

RickB on August 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Not this conservative.

They've been noticeably restrained IMO.

I cannot see why the Communists, Islamists & pure heathen, thieven' out-a-towner thugs have not been jailed for inciting a riot & arson.

More bayonets & grapeshot, please.....or at the very least....more zip-ties & "black Mariah's."

I have a solution to this looting/rioting problem.

1st night...not much happens other than telling the to stop

2nd night..people are going to jail

3rd night....Whiff of grapeshot.

• Like 1

White House and Justice Department officials on Monday held two conference calls on the crisis in Ferguson with a total of 1,050 African-American and civil rights leaders around the country.

The calls, made by Attorney General Eric Holder, White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and the Justice Department’s Acting Civil Rights Division Chief Molly Moran, “were held in part to enlist these participants to help keep the situation calm and focused,” a White House official said Tuesday.

The revelation of the calls was part of a White House account provided to the Post-Dispatch of administration actions since the Aug. 9 police shooting death of Michael Brown, 18, by Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson. The White House account describes multiple, individual contacts between either Obama or high-ranking administration officials and Gov. Jay Nixon and Missouri’s two senators.

LINK

OK My first reaction is WTF!?

• Like 1

White House and Justice Department officials on Monday held two conference calls on the crisis in Ferguson with a total of 1,050 African-American and civil rights leaders around the country.

The calls, made by Attorney General Eric Holder, White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and the Justice Department’s Acting Civil Rights Division Chief Molly Moran, “were held in part to enlist these participants to help keep the situation calm and focused,” a White House official said Tuesday.

The revelation of the calls was part of a White House account provided to the Post-Dispatch of administration actions since the Aug. 9 police shooting death of Michael Brown, 18, by Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson. The White House account describes multiple, individual contacts between either Obama or high-ranking administration officials and Gov. Jay Nixon and Missouri’s two senators.

LINK

OK My first reaction is WTF!?

@clearvision

WTF? It's an all-black power confab to limit Democrat liability.....and use the crisis to turn votes in November.

Self-serving opportunistic heathen commie bastids.

NEITHER JUST NOR PEACEFUL

“No justice, no peace,” scream protesters in Ferguson, Missouri. Implicit in this menacing chant is that the rioting on display there for over a week has been justified. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, among other hucksters, disclaim the violence, even as they stoke it with reckless rhetoric. They aren’t interested in peace but power. Were they truly opposed to the violence, they wouldn’t coin chants that condone it.

“We’re not looters. We’re liberators,” says Sharpton. Liberating society from what? The rule of law? His view of justice is that the law be permanently suspended for the racially aggrieved. A police department can only satisfy his measure of racial progress by going soft on politically favored criminals. Sharpton is a “liberator” who enables looters.

It is clear that from his view of justice no peace will ever follow. It is a formula for new injustices and perpetually divided communities. It is “justice” without truth, giving rise to a culture in which facts, evidence, and universal standards don’t matter.Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/articles/60277/neither-just-nor-peaceful

Do the Ferguson Protestors Really Want Justice?

African Americans in Ferguson, MO are demanding justice over the shooting of Michael Brown. But, a clear-eyed observer might conclude differently: what they really want is vengeance, a public lynching, hauling out Officer Darren Wilson in chains, watching as he pleads for mercy, then asking the crowd to shout out its judgment and guilty verdict announced, dispatching him as gruesomely as possible while the crowd roars its approval. This is hardly a new idea -- recall the festive public guillotining during the French Reign of Terror or mob chants of “to the Wall” in Castro’s Cuba. And, truth be told, I suspect that many non-protestors might be willing to sacrifice Officer Wilson to end the violence.

But, let’s assume that cooler heads prevail and American style justice -- not vengeance -- does triumph. Would this satisfy the Ferguson demonstrators?

As Yogi Berra once said, making predictions is hard, especially about the future, but let me suggest that dozens of “No justice no Peace” placards aside, the Fergusons rioters do not want American-style justice. Indeed, if American “justice” showed up as per demands, it might precipitate even more rioting and inflammatory rhetoric.

Libraries are filled with treatises on “justice American style” but let me note certain core features and, sad to say, these elements bear scant resemblance to what Ferguson protestors demand.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/08/do_the_ferguson_protestors_really_want_justice.html

SPIKE LEE HOPES 'THINGS WILL REALLY BLOW UP' IF FERGUSON OFFICER IS ACQUITTED

After a week of rioting and confrontations in Ferguson, Missouri, filmmaker Spike Lee said he hoped that "things will really blow up" if Officer Darren Wilson is tried and the people of Ferguson are unhappy with the verdict.

Lee made his incendiary remarks on Tuesday's Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN, saying that, even though he does not have the facts, "something smells bad in Ferguson, and it's not just tear gas."

"And I'm not saying that people should burn down stuff and riot and loot," Lee told host Anderson Cooper. "But this is not the first time we've seen this. And I just hope that things will really blow up if the people aren't happy with the verdict of this upcoming trial."

Cooper let Lee's inflammatory comments slide without even asking a follow-up question or calling him out.

Lee also pushed conspiracy theories, saying he could not believe that "when the police finally say who this officer is, the same day they release this video tape [of Michael Brown engaging in a strong-arm robbery of a convenience store]." He then alleged that "Josie" called into a radio station on Monday just when the autopsy results showing that Michael Brown was shot six times were released. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/19/Spike-Lee-I-Hope-Things-Will-Really-Blow-Up-if-Ferguson-Police-Officer-Acquitted?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Draggingtree

Ferguson and the Troubled Spirit of St. Louis

By JOHN PAYNE August 19, 2014, 12:02 PM

I live in the city of St. Louis, about 10 miles south of the suburb of Ferguson as the crow flies. As I have watched national media cover the events in Ferguson over the past 10 days, I have wondered what impression people outside of St. Louis have formed about the city.

The first thing that outsiders should know is that Ferguson is not some post-urban hellscape. It’s a working class suburb with a roughly two-thirds majority black population, which is not unusual for communities in north St. Louis County. Nor is the city government and law enforcement exceptionally poorly managed or racist. That is not a compliment, however. Most St. Louisans think of our area as representative of the nation as a whole, and there is a great deal of truth to that. But, like the nation at large, St. Louis is still divided along racial lines. Ferguson exploded as a flash point specifically because of the shooting of Michael Brown, but many communities in the area are just tinderboxes waiting for a spark.

The St. Louis metropolitan area can largely be divided into five areas. First, there is the city of St. Louis itself, which seceded from St. Louis County in 1876,Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ferguson-and-the-troubled-spirit-of-st-louis/

Draggingtree
Impeach Nixon!

Posted on August 20, 2014 by The Political Hat

Can, and ought, Missouri Gov. Nixon be impeached for his support for the Ferguson mob?

Yes, and yes.

The Missouri Legislature has GOP super-majorities in both houses:

House of Rep.: GOP 110 to Dem 53

Senate: GOP 24 to Dem 10

Nixon can be impeachment according to Missouri Constitution:

“Impeachment–officers liable–grounds.

“Section 1. All elective executive officials of the state, and judges of the supreme court, courts of appeals and circuit courts shall be liable to impeachment for crimes, misconduct, habitual drunkenness, willful neglect of duty, corruption in office, incompetency, or any offense involving moral turpitude or oppression in office.

“Power of impeachment–trial of impeachments. Scissors-32x32.png

http://politicalhat.com/2014/08/20/impeach-nixon/

Impeach Nixon!

Posted on August 20, 2014 by The Political Hat

Can, and ought, Missouri Gov. Nixon be impeached for his support for the Ferguson mob?

Yes, and yes.

The Missouri Legislature has GOP super-majorities in both houses:

House of Rep.: GOP 110 to Dem 53

Senate: GOP 24 to Dem 10

Nixon can be impeachment according to Missouri Constitution:

“Impeachment–officers liable–grounds.

“Section 1. All elective executive officials of the state, and judges of the supreme court, courts of appeals and circuit courts shall be liable to impeachment for crimes, misconduct, habitual drunkenness, willful neglect of duty, corruption in office, incompetency, or any offense involving moral turpitude or oppression in office.

“Power of impeachment–trial of impeachments. Scissors-32x32.png

http://politicalhat.com/2014/08/20/impeach-nixon/

Wow. That headline took me backwink.png

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Ferguson in Perspective: Jason Riley Tells Hard Truths

Paul A. Rahe August 19, 2014

I am not in a position to judge whether Darren Wilson handled himself properly in his confrontation with Michael Brown. It is clear enough that Brown was a punk — the sort of dope-head thug who would forcibly rob a convenience store. And the story told by Wilson is plausible enough: that Brown was walking in the middle of the street and interfering with traffic; that, when told to move to the sidewalk, he balked; that, when Wilson began to get out of his car, Brown shoved the door back against the policeman, grappled for his gun, and ran; and that he later turned around and charged Wilson. But, of course, this story may not be entirely true, and Wilson may have overreacted.

But even if Wilson is at fault — and I am well aware that policemen can be trigger-happy and that, in a crunch, they can easily get rattled, misjudge, and overreact — what happened in Ferguson that night (as opposed to succeeding nights) was, from a political perspective, inconsequential. As Jason Riley of The Wall Street Journal courageously points out in the video posted below, African-Americans make up 13% of the American population and 50% of the homicide victims,

Scissors-32x32.png

http://ricochet.com/ferguson-perspective-jason-riley-tells-hard-truths/

What if the Rioters Were White?

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/08/19/what-if-the-rioters-were-white/

If Ted Nugent talked about white empowerment, would it be tolerated like Al Sharpton talking about black empowerment?

Imagine, if you will, a young white unarmed man shot to death by police under ambiguous circumstances like those which have sparked riots in Ferguson, Missouri. Imagine that, in response to that white man’s death, white militia men, white Tea Partiers, and white professing Christians rallied to the town where it occurred. Imagine they began burning buildings, looting businesses, and defying measures by local law enforcement to maintain order. Then imagine that a charismatic political celebrity, say – Ted Nugent, showed up with an army of conservative activists leading a voter registration drive and said:

Five thousand new voters will transform the city from top to bottom…. Nobody can go to the White House until they stop by our house.… Elected officials don’t have to care about white citizens as long as they don’t fear us at the ballot box.

How would the media and the government respond?

Would Attorney General Eric Holder be traveling to the town to personally oversee a civil rights investigation unprecedented in scope?

Would reporters wring their hands, pleading for understanding?

It’s fair to guess that the rioters, along with any peaceful protestors, would be categorically labeled racists. Their political allies would be tarred and feathered with political ads and vitriolic media commentary. If the federal government responded at all, it would probably look more like Waco or Ruby Ridge than the restraint which has been shown in Ferguson.

In other words, we are witnessing evidence of a racial double-standard in America. But black people and others of color are not its victims. White people are, along with any of color (like myself) who dare to dissent from the mainstream consensus that historical injustice justifies modern rights violations.

The intervention of Holder in Ferguson stands particularly alarming, because he has demonstrated time and again a blanket disregard for justice wherever race is concerned. Let us not forget, this was the same attorney general who refused to prosecute members of the New Black Panther Party for blatant voter intimidation (standing right outside a polling place with clubs in hand) among other things, and in 2011 implied that white people cannot be the victims of racial injustice.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via PJTattler

Draggingtree

Bias and Recusal in Ferguson’s Investigation

By PATRICK J. BUCHANANAugust 22, 2014, 12:00 AM

Among the demands of the “protesters” in Ferguson is that the investigation and prosecution of police officer Darren Wilson be taken away from St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch. McCulloch is biased, it is said. How so? In 1964, his father, a St. Louis police officer, was shot to death by an African-American. Moreover, McCulloch comes from a family of cops. He wanted to be a police officer himself, but when cancer cost him a leg as a kid, he became a prosecutor. Scissors-32x32.png

If there is any pubic official who should recuse himself from any role in this investigation, it is not Robert McCulloch but Eric Holder. Holder has a lifelong, almost Sharpton-like, obsession with race. Three weeks in office, he declared America a “nation of cowards” for refusing to discuss race more. Arriving in St. Louis, he declared, “I am Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/bias-and-recusal-in-fergusons-investigation/

Draggingtree

August 23, 2014

Another Nixon to Impeach

By Jan LaRue

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon (D) described himself “thunderstruck” by the police response to protests, rioting and looting of businesses in the town of Ferguson. It’s either a lightning strike to his brain, or fear for his political future driving Nixon’s bungled leadership and his presumptuous and premature call for prosecution of a police officer.

Nixon plopped his political posterior onthe scale of justice by calling for prosecution of Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson hours before a grand jury began hearing any evidence in the case of Michael Brown, an 18-year-old black man shot and killed by Wilson on August 9, triggering violence in Ferguson Scissors-32x32.png

http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/8_22_2014_13_54.html

Draggingtree
No Law, No Order Making a federal case out of Ferguson

Sep.1,2014, Vol 19 No 47 * By Christopher Caldwell

Ferguson, Mo.

"I JUST SAW SOMEONE DIE OMFG,” wrote Emanuel Freeman, a teenage rap aficionado who lives in the Canfield Green housing project in Ferguson, Missouri. It was about noon on Saturday, August 9, when Michael Brown, a hulking 18-year-old recently graduated from a failing high school and 10 minutes removed from committing a strong-arm robbery, was shot dead by Ferguson policeman Darren Wilson in the street outside Freeman’s window. Freeman appears not to have seen the fusillade that killed Brown, and no uncontested account of it has emerged. But we can see from the tweets Freeman posted in the following minutes that people drew their own conclusions almost immediately: “Im about to hyperventilate,” Freeman wrote. “F—k f—kf—k. .  .  . Its blood all over the street, niggas protesting nsh—t. There is police tape all over my building. I am stuck in here omg. .  .  . I am not a gangsta man lmaooo.”

Many of Freeman’s neighbors suspected Brown was the victim of a racist cop. They have found company. Brown’s family has hired Benjamin Crump, a firebrand lawyer who represented the family of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/no-law-no-order_803543.html

Draggingtree
RACISM FOREVER

The never-ending rallying call for progressives.

By Andrew B. Wilson 8.22.14

It’s been a busy couple of days for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder.

On Wednesday, the nation’s top law enforcement officer — who doubles as the leading impediment to law enforcement, whenever he sees a law he doesn’t like — flew to St. Louis for another exercise in the selective dispensation of justice.

Holder came to express sympathy with the protesters chanting “no justice, no peace” in Ferguson, one of the city’s close-in suburbs, where an 18-year-old black youth, described by friends and family as a “gentle giant,” on his way to visit his grandmother, had been shot and killed by a white police officer — touching off almost two weeks of nightly riots and looting in the town of about 20,000 people. At a community meeting Holder told residents:

I am the Attorney General of the United States, but I am also a black man. I can remember being stopped on the New Jersey turnpike… and accused of speeding. Pulled over… “Let me search your car”… snip http://spectator.org/articles/60296/racism-forever

Draggingtree
The Democrat’s View of “Justice”

Posted on

24 August 2014

by eehines

[state Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal (D, MO)] predicted Friday that if prosecutors don’t win a conviction against the police officer who shot 18-year-old Michael Brown, it could trigger a new wave of unrest in Ferguson.

“There’s several people out there including the protesters that I’ve been with this morning who seem to feel as though there won’t be a conviction,” she told Fox News.

“If that happens, we’re going to have exactly what you saw two weeks ago, with a lot of tear gas going all over the place.” Snip http://aplebessite.com/2014/08/24/the-democrats-view-of-justice/