Boehner eyes lawsuit against Obama on executive orders

Geee

210487-boehner-mulling-lawsuit-against-obama-for-executive-ordersThe Hill:

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is considering bringing a lawsuit against President Obama for the executive orders the president has issued, Boehner's spokesman confirmed to The Hill on Wednesday.

Press secretary Michael Steel provided no other details regarding timing of a decision and didn’t pinpoint specific executive actions Boehner would challenge.

"The President has a clear record of ignoring the American people's elected representatives and exceeding his Constitutional authority, which has dangerous implications for both our system of government and our economy," Steel said in a statement.

Obama has issued a number of executive actions this year to circumvent a severely polarized Congress. The president, for instance, recently directed the Labor Department to extend family leave to same-sex couples and raised the minimum wage for federal contractors. The EPA recently announced a plan to reduce carbon emissions. A few years ago, Obama directed Homeland Security to create a program that would defer deportations for children who came to the United States illegally.Scissors-32x32.png

Cyber_Liberty

Does the entire Congress have Standing? One thing is certain...it will take years to get through the courts, even a decision on Standing would likely take longer than the remainder of Obama's term.

Complete & Utter RINO BS!

Obama: My “Favorite Golf Partners” Are Biden And Boehner, “They Have To Give Me Strokes”…

http://weaselzippers.us/191141-obama-my-favorite-golf-partners-are-biden-and-boehner-they-have-to-give-me-strokes/

obama-boehner-golf.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Question: What does that have to do with 1. This thread 2. the price of tea in china?

Boehner Issues Memo Explaining His Feckless Plan to Sue Obama
Andrew C. McCarthy
June 25, 2014

(Snip)

Speaker Boehner’s office has just released a memorandum explaining the lawsuit strategy. It is an amazing document. It makes a strong case for a decisive legislative response to President Obama’s systematic assault on the separation of powers. Yet it recommends no such response. Rather, it falsely claims that Congress is impotent to challenge the executive onslaught, and finally proposes to confront the president’s disregard for our constitutional order with its own reciprocal disregard.

Remarkably, Speaker Boehner correctly points out that all Americans, regardless of partisan or ideological inclination, have an interest in stopping executive lawlessness because the imperial precedents President Obama is setting will be available for exploitation by every future president. Yet, Boehner is heedless of the precedent he proposes to set: Instead of Obama’s executive monarchy, we’d now be subjects of a judicial oligarchy—all future presidents, no matter how lawful their actions, would be subject to vexatious congressional lawsuits and court directives from the judiciary Obama has been stocking with hundreds of like-minded Leftists for the last six years. Putting aside the fact that this would put politically unaccountable judges in charge of all policy matters in our body politic, does anyone suppose that Democrats just might use Boehner’s lawsuit gambit as the basis for harassing a future Republican president that they lacked the votes to impeach or slash funding from?

(Snip)

Boehner’s problem is not that Congress lacks a responsive arsenal. It is that he is afraid of the administration and press criticism attendant to using it. That’s a political problem, not a legal problem.

(Snip)

SrWoodchuck

Complete & Utter RINO BS!

Obama: My “Favorite Golf Partners” Are Biden And Boehner, “They Have To Give Me Strokes”…

http://weaselzippers.us/191141-obama-my-favorite-golf-partners-are-biden-and-boehner-they-have-to-give-me-strokes/

obama-boehner-golf.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

Question: What does that have to do with 1. This thread 2. the price of tea in china?

1.& 2.)

Boehner is a political poseur.

I do not believe that his "lawsuit against Obama" has any merit, except for the optics to be used to blunt Americans that want responsible government & a Constitutional Republic, instead of a Progressive Monarchy.

That picture illustrates what I said in a previous post, that Boehner is part of Obama's "Fearsome Foursome." It shows that he is a "wink, wink, nod, nod" cowardly or co-opted creature....and not remotely interested in using his power as Speaker....to delay, obfuscate or remove the changes that are strangling our economy & eroding our basic freedoms.

You know....just another post we disagree about....or, rather the same old, same old thing...from you....after I post about the Democratic Republican Disinterested SOH John Boehner.....and the timid but power hungry McCain's, Graham's & Cochran's that are a blight on all of us.

The tea in China? I don't give a rat's patoot about it....but, the Tea Party & it's principles need to be defended & promoted.

We get the government we deserve....maybe you like it the way it is?

SrWoodchuck

Here's what they're doing:

Leaked Document From Lib Mega-donor Group Democracy Alliance: “Fundamentally Change Our Current Political System”… http://weaselzippers.us/191182-leaked-document-from-lib-megadonor-group-democracy-alliance-fundamentally-change-our-current-political-system/

According to a recently published briefing book “obtained by Politico” by the liberal megadonor group Democracy Alliance, “progressives’ long term success hinges on our ability to fundamentally change our current political system – including large questions about who can vote, the role money should play in politics, and what our courts look like.”

The briefing, a report card of 2013′s challenges and accomplishments for the organization, said that the George Soros founded and funded Democracy Alliance is “more than capable of turning back the latest threats from the Right.” According to Politico, the briefing book was provided to Democracy Alliance donors “ahead of April’s annual spring meeting.”

The Democracy Alliance is a membership group that directs funding to a wide variety of liberal causes. It was created to consolidate the efforts of wealthy liberal donors such as George Soros, Tom Steyer and Robert Mckay.

The report paid “particular attention” to “the successful examples of alignment that have developed over the last three years and highlight additional opportunities that could further advance our collective visions of a stronger democracy and more progressive America.

Scissors-32x32.png

lerner-1.jpg

Wow: EPA Has Issued 2,827 New Rules Since Obama Took Office, More Than 24K Pages…http://weaselzippers.us/190972-wow-epa-has-issued-2827-new-rules-since-obama-took-office-more-than-24k-pages/

EPA-logo1.png

House Dems Introduce Bill To Give Every Illegal Immigrant Minor Flooding Over Border A Taxpayer-Funded Lawyer…http://weaselzippers.us/191021-house-dems-introduce-bill-to-give-every-illegal-immigrant-minor-flooding-over-border-a-taxpayer-funded-lawyer/

Brownsville4jpg.jpg

Here's What Boehner's Doing:

obama-boehner-golf.jpg

Liberal Law Professor Jonathan Turley Thinks Congress Could Win Its New Lawsuit Against Obama

Left-wing law professor Jonathan Turley baffled his MSNBC cohorts on Wednesday when he claimed House Republicans have a real case in their lawsuit against President Obama for executive overreach, explaining that “there’s no license for going it alone in our system.”

On Wednesday, House Republican Speaker John Boehner announced plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of the institution of Congress accusing President Obama of abusing the power of the White House to unconstitutionally rewrite domestic laws.

Turley, a George Washington University law professor who supports much of President Obama’s agenda, has already opposed this White House before — most notably on the lack of notification to Congress before the transfer of five dangerous Taliban prisoners from Gitmo (RELATED: Turley: I Don’t Think There’s Much Debate’ That Obama Broke Law).

And after being asked by MSNBC host Steve Kornacki whether Boehner had “any kind of a case” with the lawsuit, Turley remained consistent.

“I think there is a case against the president for exceeding his authority,” he declared. “I happen to agree with the president on many of his priorities and policies, but as I testified in Congress I think he has crossed the constitutional line.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/25/liberal-law-professor-jonathan-turley-thinks-congress-could-win-their-new-lawsuit-against-obama/

• Like 2

Boehner's Frivolous, Embarrassing Lawsuit
Simon Maloy, Salon - June 27, 2014

The Wall Street Journal editorial board, long known for its unwavering defense of the president’s authority to spy on Americans without warrants and “the Bush Administration’s alleged ‘torture’ policies,” can’t abide by Barack Obama’s unilateral revisions to his law that gives people healthcare. In an editorial published this morning, the Journal argued that President Obama is guilty of “flagrant contempt for regular political order” by taking executive action to make changes to the Affordable Care Act and limit deportations for certain classes of undocumented immigrants. “When the executive suspends or rewrites laws across health care, drugs, immigration and so much else, elected legislators are stripped of their constitutional role,” they observe.......

Read Full Article

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

What can I say except if the likes of Simon Maloy & Salon are against it, then there might be something there.

Draggingtree
Obama's immigration dilemma

By Alexander Bolton - 06/28/14 06:21 AM EDT

President Obama faces a wrenching dilemma over immigration that has significant implications for the 2014 midterm election and his legacy.

Should he use his executive powers to stop most deportations?

He is under heavy pressure from pro-immigrant groups to do so. Democratic strategists say such a move would spur turnout among Latino voters.

But such a dramatic gambit could also destroy any chance of legislative compromise with Republicans in 2015.

The president must wrestle with a longer-term question, as well. If he takes only limited executive action this year, he then must decide how much ground he is willing to cede to Republicans next year in order to get legislation to his desk.

If he jettisons the proposal to create a special pathway to citizenship for millions of immigrants, he will be accused of pandering to Republicans. Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/210887-obamas-immigration-dilemma