Coffee Shop

Rheo

Wendy Davis....How Low The Mighty Have Fallen

"The problem: A year after her filibuster pumped her up into the kind of galvanizing candidate Texas Democrats have not had for decades, she seems very much dragged down to earth, dwarfed by the perception that Democrats’ chances of ending the Republican domination of Texas remain slim. Recent polls have shown her trailing her Republican opponent — the state attorney general, Greg Abbott — by up to 12 percentage points…

“She’s not doing as well as people had hoped, expected or wanted,” said Bill Miller, an Austin lobbyist who works with both Democrats and Republicans and who is a friend of Ms. Davis’s. “I think there were unrealistic expectations…”"

Wendy Davis: ‘Absurd’ to suggest she can’t overtake Greg Abbott

righteousmomma

EXACTLY the way I feel.:

CALLER: I am calling you to officially bow out of politics. I am so sick of what is going on. This Cochran thing was the last straw. I can't take it anymore. My country isn't my country. Laws don't mean anything. These people are downright evil; I don't care if they're Democrats or Republicans. There's a handful of people that I still believe in. Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, maybe Rand Paul, although my very own senator is getting a little iffy on me. I don't know what to do. I can't vote for anybody. I don't believe anybody. They all lie. I just don't know where I am anymore.

I feel like I woke up on, I don't know, Mars one day. I can't take it anymore. I've got a seven-year-old grandson that I am terrified for. Nothing is the way that it's supposed to be. Up is down, down is up, inside is outside. I don't know where to turn. And you can't trust anybody, anybody. When the Democrats and the Republicans are getting together to undo elections, what do you do? Boehner and all the rest of the Republicans are doing nothing. Do they think they're gonna win? Does Cochran really think that the black people that voted for him for this primary are gonna vote for him for senator?

RUSH: I don't think he knows they voted for him.

CALLER: Oh, I mean, then he needs to be put into an asylum.

RUSH: No. We are already in it. You have just described yourself as a resident of an asylum.

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: That's exactly what it sounded like. You feel like you're in a straitjacket.

CALLER: That's exactly how I feel. That's exactly how I feel. I mean, I have tears in my eyes. I don't know which way to turn anymore. The people that are decent and honest -- I mean, look at what they did to the poor governor of Wisconsin. I mean, it's just now coming out today, I saw a little blurb on Fox News that the prosecutor actually came out and said, gee whiz, we didn't mean to say that he had actually done anything wrong. We were just reporting to the public --

RUSH: Yeah, what a crock.

CALLER: -- what we tried to do.

RUSH: They were forced here, and it was not by the Republican Party, by the way. They were forced by conservative media, these phony baloney Democrat prosecutors, into admitting there was never a case. They never had a case against Scott Walker. They tried to put forth -- you're exactly right. I know exactly how you feel. It's a profoundly frustrating thing. But the country's worth saving, is the thing. It's worth trying to save. Have to try.

• Like 2

righteousmomma

HOBBY LOBBY won its case!

"Closely held" companies do not have to compromise their religious convictions and follow the Obama Care mandate.

Regulations violate religious rights. NARROW decision.

AND on another decision- family caregivers do not have to pay union dues. WOOHOO.

• Like 2

I am in a very very foul mood today!!! I blame it on Facebook LMFAO.gif

When I was in a bad mood, I would tell people at work, "just so everyone knows...I Am Nobody's Sweetheart Today!"

clearvision

For those interested in Climate Change, this article from Wattsupwiththat.com is a good read on how scientists can get biased results and in fact themselves cause the results.

About the "decline" of the Emperor Penguin. LINK

For those interested in Climate Change, this article from Wattsupwiththat.com is a good read on how scientists can get biased results and in fact themselves cause the results.

Penguin poop! I would wager there are "Adult" web sites catering to those how are into it as a life style choice....and they demand we give them their rights.

I like this....

Why does it always seem to snow in Hollywood Global Warming Films?

Posted on July 1, 2014 by Anthony Watts

Because warm weather isn’t deadly enough

Submitted by Eric Worrall

The Federalist has a hilarious article, which discusses Hollywood’s big problem portraying Global Warming; its hard to make a nice day look deadly.

Citing several recent films as examples, they make a really good point. I mean, can anyone think of a Hollywood global warming film which didn’t end in a snowstorm?

From the article:

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________

This article is 100% Penguin poop free! biggrin.png Not that there is anything wrong with penguin poop.

clearvision

Hmmmm, Friday ,July 4th weekend, Hurricane moving along East Coast..... expect several "announcements" from White House and/or rest of Government shortly that no one is supposed to notice.

Hmmmm, Friday ,July 4th weekend, Hurricane moving along East Coast..... expect several "announcements" from White House and/or rest of Government shortly that no one is supposed to notice.

OR -- that it is just another example of global warming, climate change, climate readjustment. (Did I get that right?)

• Like 1