Republicans turn on Bundy

Geee

204259-republicans-slam-bundys-comments-about-black-peopleThe Hill:

Republicans who had supported Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy in his fight with the government over grazing fees rebuked him on Thursday after he made controversial comments about African-Americans.

Republican Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Dean Heller (Nev.) sharply criticized comments that Bundy made about slavery, calling them racist and offensive.

The New York Times quoted Bundy referring to black people as “the Negro” and questioning whether they were better off as slaves.

“His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him,” Paul said in a statement Thursday shortly after the Times published its story.

A Heller spokesman said the senator “disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.”

Both senators have previously defended Bundy in his dispute against the Bureau of Land Management, which has accused the rancher of using federal land to graze his cattle for decades without paying fees. Paul criticized the federal government’s handling of the dispute, while Heller has referring to Bundy’s supporters as patriots.Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

I watched it. I understand what he was trying to say, but still. Also why is he now the expert and talking to media about this stuff? Don't talk to the media unless you have been trained and have your talking points planned. It usually ends badly.

• Like 2

I watched it. I understand what he was trying to say, but still. Also why is he now the expert and talking to media about this stuff? Don't talk to the media unless you have been trained and have your talking points planned. It usually ends badly.

Some of his supporters are.....not the sort of people I would want to associate with...Anti-fracking nuts...people getting their bunker ready...etc. Things like this always bring out those on the fringes.

The Government could not have handled this worse.

clearvision

The Government could not have handled this worse.

Please don't challenge the Government to do things worse. They never seem to lack that ability.

righteousmomma

I only heard a little today as I drove but Sean Hannity was truly mad about all this Bundy press. He apparently has been branded a racist because he took an interest in the original land story but he abhors Bundy's statements and abhors even more the branding of conservatives by the msm etc. Never heard him so "mad"

• 6 months later...

Black n’ Bundy

Posted on October 28, 2014 by The Political Hat

Cliven Bundy, whose stand-off with the Federal government ended peacefully, was unfairly criticized for allegedly saying racist speech. So what dastardly thought crime has he expressed now?

Simply, endorsing a Black man for Congress.

Kamau Bakari, a member of the conservative Independent American Party, is running for Congress in Nevada’s heavily Democrat 1stCongressional district, and has now been endorsed by fellow Independent American Party member Cliven Bundy.

Scissors-32x32.png

http://politicalhat.com/2014/10/28/black-n-bundy/

@Draggingtree

Ya ya know this whole race card thing is getting a little old gotten real old!

Basically there are 2 groups that really care/obsess about a persons race 1. the Democratic Party/Left...2.The KKK/white supremacist.

• Like 1