Study: CBS, ABC, NBC have a 'War on Easter'

Geee

2547420Washington Examiner:

A three-year study of how network news refers to “Easter” reveals that by a margin of 500-56, reports that mention the word or “Easter season” choose a secular path linking it to candy Peeps, frilly clothes and cocktails over Christ’s resurrection.

“Instead of celebrating Christ's rising from the dead, the networks have made it about 'egg-cellent Easter fashions,' frilly Easter bonnets and pink martinis,” said a report from the conservative Media Research Center provided to Secrets on Good Friday.

The study reviewed three years of news in the two weeks before Easter and found that about 89 percent of the references to the holy day were to secular topics, not religion. The report did not include “Easter” references to weather, time or greetings, such as “Happy Easter.”Scissors-32x32.png

@Geee

several quick thoughts....

Good...Good.....separate the wheat from the chaff. I have said for some time now we (Christians in the west) have had it too easy, no cost to being a believer....maybe that is coming to and end.

We live in two different countries. One is almost wholly secular and views religion as...well kind of silly and not really important. The other....well we're the smart ones with our eyes open to what really matters.

God is really sneaky, and its never a good idea to A. Underestimate God B. Count God Out. Do people really think this (secularization) is the 1st time something like this has happened?

Some "Good News".....ie. GOSPEL
Variety: Hollywood’s Growing Faith in Christian Movies

Time: Son of God Is First in a Flood of Religious Movies

Open letter to the secularists

Hey Good Luck with that guys. You're gonna need it.

"A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. There are traps everywhere--'Bibles laid open, millions of surprises,' as Herbert says, 'fine nets and stratagems.' God is, if I may say it, very unscrupulous"

CS Lewis dead(?) white guy

• Like 1

Why Did a News Outlet Cancel This Church's Easter Ad?

Todd Starnes

Apr 18, 2014

A New York City news organization has apologized after it canceled a churchs advertising campaign promoting its Easter Sunday services just three days before Good Friday.

The Journey Church, a Christian evangelical congregation, paid $1,400 to run a series of ads on the Capital New York website. Capital New York is a sister publication of Politico. And for the sake full disclosure, I attend The Journey Church.

The advertisement read: Youre invited to discover #HOPE at The Journey Church this Sunday April 20. Click here to discover how you can find hope when you feel like giving up.

Pastor Kerrick Thomas tells me the advertisement ran on Capital New Yorks website earlier in the week but on Wednesday the church received an email notifying them that the ad was being pulled.

Capital is implementing a new policy company-wide that we wont be running any religious-affiliated campaigns moving forward, the email read.

(Snip)

About an hour after I started sniffing around and asking questions, Capital New York suddenly had a change of heart a come-to-Jesus moment.

The company reversed course and apologized.

The Capital New York brand is very young and there was some confusion around the advertising policy, read a statement the news outlet sent me. In this case, the Journey Church ad should not have been pulled.

Pastor Thomas confirmed that he received an email as well offering to run the churchs ad without charge.

So, lets review. A wrong has been righted. Apologies offered. Forgiveness granted. And alls well that ends well. Happy Easter, America.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The question is Why they thought originally that it was ok not to run this ad?