Coffee Shop

Rheo

I've really stopped paying attention to the State Department's Twitter and Facebook pages since so few people are "following" them.....

I am really happy about all of the talk of Hillary's candidacy already. Can you imagine how bloody sick of hearing about her we will be in a year? I am already there and it is just starting.

• Like 3

Binge Drinking Nightmare: Minnesota Co-ed May Lose Limbs After Passing Out in Sub-Zero Temps

Leslie Eastman

Thursday, December 19, 2013

(Snip)

Though details are still sketchy, police say Lommel, 19, had been out drinking with friends Friday night. She had a drink after work and later traveled to a friends house and played a drinking game called ride the bus. Lommel reportedly lost several rounds, resulting in several shots of liquor.

In a Twitter update on Friday, the student wrote, tequila shots tonight. It has since been deleted. Police also say they found a tweet that said, Yum Yum 10th shot of tequila, according to the Grand Forks Herald.

Sometime around 11 p.m., Lommel made plans to go home while the group went to another party, the report states. She got a ride home with friends and was dropped off in front of her house. Her friends claim she was buzzed but not intoxicated.

(Snip)

I hate it when I'm right.

WestVirginiaRebel

Calling sentence disparities unfair, Obama pardons 8 crack offenders

“I am commuting the prison terms of eight men and women who were sentenced under an unfair system,” Mr. Obama said in a statement. “Commuting the sentences of these eight Americans is an important step toward restoring fundamental ideals of justice and fairness.”

Obama%20Smoking%20Pot%20504.jpeg?1367682

"Justice, y'all!"

• Like 1

@Pepper

Looking at the "#GETTALKING tweets is a hoot. I'm afraid that they pooped in their hat on this one.

"It took some doing, but OFA found the one man in America who might... MIGHT... lose a slap fight with Chris Hayes."

From comment at twitchy

• Like 1

Yo, @NCTexan

BbubGOtCQAA5eSq.jpg

I've been pondering something this afternoon, and maybe some kind person could help me. The question is what the heck were they thinking! Did they really think this was a good idea? Or maybe someone from the RNC has infiltrated OFA.

• Like 1

How did reputed mob figure land major city contract in Philly?

WILLIAM BENDER,

December 18, 2013

RONALD GALATI, a South Philly fraudster and reputed mob associate at the center of a triple murder-for-hire investigation, has earned hundreds of thousands of dollars from a lucrative contract to repair and maintain Philadelphia Police Department vehicles, the Daily News has learned.

Galati, 63, identified by authorities as a onetime associate of mobsters Joey Merlino and George Borgesi, was able to land the contract despite a 1994 racketeering conviction for turning one of his auto-body garages into what federal prosecutors described as a "shop of fraud."

Yesterday, a marked police car was parked inside Galati's shop, American Collision & Automotive Center, on 20th Street near McKean. Records show that the city paid his company more than $400,000 in fiscal year 2012 alone. The contract began in 2011 and runs through June, a city official said.

(Snip)

H/T Friends Of Ours

Yo, @NCTexan

BbubGOtCQAA5eSq.jpg

I've been pondering something this afternoon, and maybe some kind person could help me. The question is what the heck were they thinking! Did they really think this was a good idea? Or maybe someone from the RNC has infiltrated OFA.