Benghazi Whistleblower: I’ve Been ‘Punished’ for Speaking Out

Geee

benghazi-whistleblower-ive-been-punished-speaking-out-andrew-johnsonNational Review:

Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission in Libya who testified before Congress about the 9/11 attacks on an American diplomatic facility earlier this year, believes he has been “punished” for speaking out about the Obama administration’s response the night of the attack. He said he believes at least two of the Americans lost that night could have been saved if the United States had responded in time.

“I don’t know why I was punished,” Hicks said in an interview with ABC’s This Week. “I don’t know why I was shunted aside, put in a closet if you will.”Scissors-32x32.png

• 4 months later...

1/23/2014

Benghazi Whistleblower: Stop Blaming the Dead Guy for Those Murders

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 7:36 am

Remember Greg Hicks? He’s the guy who questioned Susan Rice’s dishonest talking points on Benghazi, and was retaliated against as a result. He has an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal arguing that slain ambassador Chris Stevens is being unfairly blamed for the lack of proper security:

Last week the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence issued its report on the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya. The report concluded that the attack, which resulted in the murder of four Americans, was “preventable.” Some have been suggesting that the blame for this tragedy lies at least partly with Ambassador Chris Stevens, who was killed in the attack. This is untrue: The blame lies entirely with Washington. Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2014/01/23/benghazi-whistleblower-stop-blaming-the-dead-guy-for-those-murders/