CHRISTIANS: On the Front Lines of Muslim Violence

Geee

@leilani

I've seen very little response from the Vatican or Pope Francis.....outside of last Saturdays day of prayer & fasting. He probably has to keep from saying things that would resemble a call for a new Crusade. Muslims know this & have even said things during their killings of Christians......regarding the Crusades. The world is so PC right now...it fits in with Islamic Jihad extermination tactics. IMO.

Revelation 13:15,

“And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain.”

Revelation 20:4b,

“And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck, yes, I guess they have to tread very carefully at the Vatican (they've got a lot of people at risk) so I guess that means we'll have speak louder to compensate. ;-)

Ooh, I just found the shout button. Let's see if it works.

@ SrWoodchuck

Darn, try again:

@SrWoodchuck

YAY! Success!

(Sorry SrW for sending you a messy post.)

• Like 1

Speaking of personnel at risk, I just saw this. I don't know if you already had this, @Geee?

Catholic Priest Injured in Zanzibar

via Breitbart:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/09/13/Roman-Catholic-priest-injured-in-Zanzibar-acid-attack

<snip>

A Roman Catholic priest was hospitalized on Friday after acid was thrown at him in Zanzibar, police said, a month after two British teenage girls were victims of a similar acid attack there.

The incident in the semi-autonomous, mainly Muslim islands of Tanzania follows warnings by President Jakaya Kikwete that religious tension threatens peace in the nation of 45 million people.

Also:

The Christian Exodus

Foreign Affairs Magazine

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/139917/reza-aslan/the-christian-exodus

<snip>

Take a step back, and it becomes clear that the recent assaults are part of a bigger offensive against Middle Eastern Christians, one that can be traced back to decades-long developments in regional politics and Islamic society. The Arab Spring may be the proximate cause of some of the worst violence, but its roots run much deeper -- and the stakes are much higher than one might think. What we are witnessing is nothing less than a regional religious cleansing that will soon prove to be a historic disaster for Christians and Muslims alike.

• Like 2

Elections: Latest Excuse to Kill Christians

In what seems to be a pattern in many Muslim nations of finding new pretexts to justify anti-Christian—and “anti-Other”—behavior, Egypt’s Christians and their churches are under attack, ostensibly because Christians joined the June 30 Revolution, which led to the ouster of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Lesser known is that, even before the revolution back during the 2012 presidential elections, Christians were often threatened and sometimes attacked simply for not voting for the Muslim Brotherhood—an absurd expectation considering that it has long been the Brotherhood and its many Islamist/jihadi offshoots that have terrorized Egypt’s Christians for decades.

Even popular columnist Khaled Montasser, an Egyptian Muslim, had scoffed at the idea that Copts could ever vote for Morsi in an article published around presidential elections. Among other things, Montasser documented how the Brotherhood had in years past issued fatwas calling for the destruction of churches and the prevention of burying unclean Christian “infidels” anywhere near Muslim graves. Concluded Montasser, “After such fatwas, Dr. Morsi and his Brotherhood colleagues can ask and wonder—‘Why are the Copts afraid?’”Scissors-32x32.png

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/raymond-ibrahim/elections-latest-excuse-to-kill-christians/

Russian Patriarch to Obama: Syria’s Christians Nearing ‘Extermination’

While many were fixated on Russian President Vladimir Putin’s recent letter to the American people, another letter from another Russian leader — this one directly addressed to the U.S. president — was missed.

On September 10, Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill issued a letter addressed to “His Excellency Mr. Barack Obama, President, United States.” Whether one wishes to interpret the letter as a product of politics or sincerity, it accurately highlights the plight of Syria’s Christians, especially in the context of a larger civilizational struggle.

I repost major portions of the letter below, interspersed with my observations for added context:

Your Excellency, Dear Mr. President,

The tragic events in Syria have raised anxiety and caused pain in the Russian Orthodox Church. We receive information about the situation there not from the news reports but from living evidence coming to us from religious figures, ordinary believers and our compatriots living in that country.

This is an important point: the “news reports” evaluated by the Russian church are from “living evidence coming to us from religious figures, ordinary believers and our compatriots living in that country.” The fact is, outside of America’s biased “mainstream media,” the evidence concerning what is going on in Syria — namely, that Islamic militants are committing human rights atrocities, including possibly the chemical attacks in question — is overwhelming. Countless eyewitness testimonies, videos, pictures — all those things that rarely make it to the U.S. MSM — make this abundantly clear.

Ask the average Syrian about the current turmoil engulfing their land — and I have, as have numerous Russian Orthodox representatives affiliated with Syria’s ancient Christian community, as noted by the patriarch — and few have any illusions as to its nature: an authoritarian, but secular, Assad vs. radical Islamists and jihadis.

Naturally most Syrians choose Assad.Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/blog/russian-patriarch-to-obama-syrias-christians-nearing-extermination/

A little good news.......there were around 20,000 Christians in the town being murdered & made to pay the "jizya" tax.....

Egypt Army Rescues Town's Christians from Islamist Persecutors http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/09/16/Egypt-army-storms-Islamist-held-town

Troops on Monday stormed a central Egyptian town held for over a month by hardline supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi who had launched a campaign against Christian residents, officials said.

Soldiers and police entered the town of Delga in the central Minya province just after dawn, searching homes and arresting several Islamists, a security official told AFP.

All 32 entrances to the village were shut and a daytime curfew imposed as authorities recaptured the town of 120,000 people, held for 31 days by Morsi loyalists, according to the official MENA news agency.

Officials said Islamists controlling the town were behind several attacks on churches around the Minya province.

The raid on the town comes amid a massive crackdown on Islamists following the military's ouster of president Morsi on July 3, which plunged the country deeper into turmoil.

Scissors-32x32.png

With Mideast Christians in Peril, Administration's Opposition to Special Envoy Post Called 'Indefensible'

CNSNews.com) – For a second time, the House of Representatives on Wednesday passed legislation – by an overwhelming margin – to establish a special envoy focusing on the rights of religious minorities in parts of the Islamic world, with priority given to Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

The Obama administration opposes the legislation, and the previous bill died in the Senate after a Democratic senator placed a hold on it, citing State Department advice, and then-Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry (D-Mass.) declined to hold hearings on the matter.

The bill, introduced by Reps. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) and Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) passed Wednesday by a vote of 402-22, an almost identical result to the 2011 vote, which was 402-20.

Wolf urged swift action in the Senate this time.Scissors-32x32.png

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/mideast-christians-peril-administrations-opposition-special-envoy

• Like 2

A Christian Pogrom in Egypt

On July 4th, the day after the Egyptian military liberated the nation of Muslim Brotherhood rule, Christian Copts were immediately scapegoated and targeted. All Islamist leaders—from Brotherhood supreme leader Muhammad Badi, to Egyptian-born al-Qaeda leader Ayman Zawahiri, to top Sunni cleric Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi—made it a point to single out Egypt’s Copts as being especially instrumental in the ousting of former Islamist president Morsi, ushering in a month of pogroms against the nation’s Christian minority.

Among other things in July, unprecedented numbers of Christian churches were attacked, plundered, desecrated, and torched. According to one Egyptian human rights lawyer, “82 churches, many of which were from the 5th century, were attacked by pro-Morsi supporters in just two days.” Al-Qaeda’s flag was raised above some churches; anti-Christian graffiti littered the sides of other churches and Coptic homes. Due to extreme anti-Christian sentiment, many churches ceased holding worship services until recently. Dozens of Coptic homes and businesses were also attacked, looted, and torched.

In the Sinai, a young Coptic priest was shot dead in front of his church, while the body of Magdy Lam‘i Habib, a Copt, was found mutilated and beheaded. Four other Christians were slaughtered by Muslims in Luxor province. Whole towns and villages have been emptied of Copts, including more than 100 Christian families from El Arish in the terror-infested Sinai.Scissors-32x32.png

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/raymond-ibrahim/a-christian-pogrom-in-egypt/

@Geee, I think we can put the Nairobi Mall massacre in with the anti-Christian pogrom currently underway ; the al-Qaeda affiliated al Shabab killers were identifying & then killing non-Muslims (attackers demanded from shoppers the name of Mohammed's mother, those who couldn't answer correctly were shot).

Now this attack at a Christian church in Pakistan today

http://news.yahoo.com/suicide-attack-pakistani-church-kills-52-people-084710458.html

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — A suicide bomb attack on a historic church in northwestern Pakistan killed at least 52 people Sunday, officials said, in one of the worst assaults on the country's Christian minority in years.

The bombing in Peshawar, which wounded another 100, underlines the threat posed by Islamic extremists as the government seeks a peace deal with domestic Taliban militants.

It occurred as hundreds of worshippers were coming out of the church in the city's Kohati Gate district after services to get a free meal of rice offered on the front lawn, said a top government administrator, Sahibzada Anees.

It was not immediately clear whether one or two suicide bombers carried out the attack.

Witnesses said they heard two blasts, the second more powerful than the first. One police officer, Zahir Shah, said he believed both blasts were caused by suicide bombers. <snip>

• Like 3

CHRISTIAN SENTENCED TO DEATH BY HANGING FOR DRINKING WATER RESERVED FOR MUSLIMS

Aasiya Noreen "Asia" Bibi has been sentenced to death by hanging in Pakistan for drinking water "from a well belonging to Muslim women, [and] using 'their' cup in the burning heat of the midday sun."

According the The New York Post, Asia described her plight thus: "I have been sentenced to death because I was thirsty. I'm a prisoner because I used the same cup as those Muslim women, because water served by a Christian woman was regarded as unclean by my stupid fellow fruit pickers."

After her initial lockup, Asia was then moved to a remote prison, where she sits isolated in a cell. She says she has no idea how long she has to live and admits that her heart beats faster every time her cell door is opened.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/08/28/Christian-Sentenced-To-Death-By-Hanging-For-Drinking-Water-Reserved-For-Muslims

Isn’t that the Religion of Peace watering hole.

Via Captain Ed at HotAir,[http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2013/09/22/stranahan-report-1-do-american-christians-care/] Lee Stranahan is now in Beirut reporting on Syrian Christian refugees fleeing the massacres:

(EDIT: oops sorry for format problem above, can't figure out how to replace url with plain text to title links)

<snip>

On the plane into Beirut, I sat next to a man named Fadi, a Lebanese native and Maronite Christian who was now living in France. His father had passed away in Lebanon a few months ago and now the family was getting together for a momorial.

We talked about the strikes by the Syrian rebels agains the town of Maloula that I’ve written about for Breitbart News. Fadi [asked:]

“The Christians in the United States, do they care about what’s happening to the Christians here?”

Well, that’s the question for Americans, isn’t it? That’s the question for you, really.

So far, the media has decided you don’t care. And the Obama administration appears to pinned their forigen policy public approval hopes in the Middle East on the notion that Americans will either not notice or not care what’s been happening to Christians here. </snip>

More at Stranahan's personal blog site where additional installments are already posted here:

http://leestranahan.com/beirut-blogging-1-do-american-christians-care/

Y/W! @Geee. Like I said, YOU are the one to be heartily thanked for this. It's the only place I know where anybody's making an effort to file & catalogue this stuff.

People are reporting in dribs and drabs, here & there, but each discrete massacre just gets lost in the shuffle of everything else.

It's like nobody wants to look at the accelerating number of incidents, connect them all together, recognize the nexus of al Qaeda & its affiliates and NAME what's so obviously a carefully orchestrated & deliberately executed cleansing occurring right now, this very day, under all of our noses. Where's the outrage?

• Like 3

In the Name of Islam

Denial is the first stage of coming to terms with the unthinkable.

In Westgate, a Kenyan mall oriented toward expats, terrorists separated Muslims from non-Muslims before killing them. The Muslims were allowed to go free if they could recite a Muslim prayer.

During the attack, Al Shabaab’s Arabic Twitter account quoted the Koran, “Plant firmly our feet and give us victory over (Al-Kafireen) the disbelieving people.” (Koran 2:250). The Kuffar, the non-Muslims of Westgate, included small children.

“I don’t understand why you would shoot a five-year-old child,” one of the survivors said. But the five-year-old was not a Muslim.

Moments like these put the Clash of Civilizations into bloody context. This isn’t abstract politics. It’s not about economics, the environment or foreign policy. It’s about a worldview in which a five-year-old who can’t recite the Islamic confession of faith deserves to be killed.

The crime is not being a Muslim.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/in-the-name-of-islam/

The Evil of Global Jihad

Nairobi’s Westgate mall is more than a retail center. It’s a social hub — a space for shared enjoyment and community celebration. It’s also a place for kids. In fact, a children’s event was taking place on Saturday. Then the jihadists turned up and turned it into a death trap. And that’s not all they did this weekend.

Rampaging through a mall.

Attacking a funeral in Iraq.

Blowing up worshipers in a Pakistani church.

This weekend has verified the identity of the global jihadist movement: a death cult that finds spiritual unity in the murder of innocents.

Let’s be clear. Westgate was attacked for two reasons. First, in its public character, the mall offered al-Shabab an opportunity to spread terror across all of Kenyan society. Second, packed with families, Westgate offered the terrorists hundreds of strategic pawns. In its killing sprees, al-Shabab seeks a new regional understanding: that its resolve is supreme above all others. That unless its adversaries yield, more Westgates will follow.

At a basic level, al-Shabab’s strategy is far from original. By definition, terrorism involves the deliberate cultivation of fear as a political tool.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/359213/evil-global-jihad-tom-rogan

Pakistani Christians protest deadly church bombing

RIAZ KHAN

September 23, 2013

622x350.jpg

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) Angry Pakistani Christians on Monday denounced the deadliest attack ever in this country against members of their faith as the death toll from the church bombings the day before climbed to 81.

A pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up amid hundreds of worshippers outside a historic church in northwestern Pakistan on Sunday.

The attack on the All Saints Church in the city of Peshawar, which also wounded over 140 people, occurred as worshippers were leaving after service to get a free meal of rice offered on the front lawn.

(Snip)

This writer discovers that, since "the Saturday people". the Jews, have almost all been chased out of everywhere but Israel in Muslim countries, the jihadists are now turning to "the Sunday people", the Christians, to satisfy their blood lust.

Silence is deafening as attacks on Christians continue to grow

Lela Gilbert via FoxNews 9.24.13

The sights, sounds and scents of Jerusalem are kaleidoscopic and ever changing. When I first arrived in Israel in 2006, I realized that it would take a lifetime to see and appreciate the endless array of cityscapes, holy sites, museums, gardens, archeological digs and – most wonderful of all – the colorful people that surrounded me.

I suppose that’s why I wasn’t all that impressed at the sight of some ugly, spray-painted graffiti a friend pointed out to me in Bethlehem. “It’s Arabic,” she explained. “And it means, ‘First comes Saturday, then comes Sunday.’”

“And that means…what?”

“It’s a jihadi slogan. It means, more accurately, ‘On Saturday we kill the Jews; on Sunday we kill the Christians.’”

<snip>

But it wasn’t until I actually began to research the story of those “Forgotten Refugees” that I began to understand the slogan: “On Saturday we kill the Jews.” Why? Because with virtually no Jews left to persecute in those Muslim countries, “On Sunday we kill the Christians.”

<snip>

Jewish friends, neighbors and colleagues are shocked but not entirely surprised by such stories [about the escalating number of massacres of Christians now underway]. They are rather puzzled, however, by what appears to be a lack of anxiety, action or advocacy on the part of Western Christians.

“Yes, it’s horrific,” we seem to be saying, “But what can we do?”

If we Sunday people are indeed concerned about the survival of our ancient communities in the Middle East, we may want to heed the advice of the Saturday people: Pray as if everything depends on God. And act as if everything depends on you.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/24/silence-is-deafening-as-attacks-on-christians-continue-to-grow/

• Like 1

The NCC and Egyptian Church Burnings

The National Council of Churches (NCC), known for its superior-sounding rhetoric masquerading as balance and universalism, has issued a statement about the recent violence in Egypt, and particularly the concerted attacks on 64 Coptic churches in that country. The NCC has extended its "hopes and prayers for a return to a legitimate political process that will result in the guarantee of the rights and responsibilities of all of Egypt's citizens." Churches are being destroyed systematically and in greater numbers than at any time in more than 600 years, and this Council of Churches is concerned just as much about Egyptian "rights and responsibilities" as about that destruction.

Does this show how compassionate the NCC really is? Or does it really show how hollow that organization is and how far it has strayed from its mission to uphold Protestant churches and the exalted name of Jesus Christ? In the previously noted quote from their statement about church burnings, they use the term "legitimate political process." When has Egypt ever had a legitimate political process? Was there legitimate process under Farouk? Did they have it under Nasser? Under Sadat? Or under Mubarak? Was Mubarak deposed by a legitimate political process? These kinds of empty phrases suggest ignorance, not prescience.

The recent election of Morsi demonstrates how far the Egyptians are from understanding what "democratic process" is. One recalls Joseph Stalin's boast that he was "elected" on numerous occasions by 99% of the people! Where corruption and violence are the rule, not the exception to the rule, then what sense does it make to talk of "legitimate political process?" The entire history of Egypt points to a tyrannous mindset where a "strongman" in charge is the only thing the people understand, though they may grumble about him. Our Western tradition of "rights and responsibilities" is usually dated back to the Magna Carta in the 13th century. Later we have the Habeus Corpus Act and the English Declaration of Rights. There were so many milestones of rights laws in English history. What comparable tradition exists among the rage-filled peoples of the Middle East?Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_ncc_and_egyptian_church_burnings.html

Islamist War on Christians

I’m waiting. I am a Lebanese Christian, and I am waiting. Waiting for CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, or Time magazine to really tell the story. To finally run this headline: “War on Christians Being Waged by Islamists.”

I’m waiting for someone in the mainstream media to admit the facts.

Matt Lauer and NBC News made headlines when they declared there was a civil war in Iraq in 2006, putting them at odds with the narrative coming from the Bush White House.

Islamists are persecuting and murdering Christians all over the world. Where in the world are Matt Lauer and NBC News? Do they not want to be at odds with the narrative coming from the current occupants of the White House, which downplays the atrocities being perpetrated by Muslims against Christians? Or to be at odds with Muslim groups like CAIR, which might accuse NBC of some kind of bias?

It is not an accident, the persecution and mass murder of Christians by Muslims. It is not episodic. It is by design. It is part of a master plan to destroy any competing narrative about God. To bully, threaten, and intimidate Christians into submission, or mass evacuation.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/359405/islamist-war-christians-lee-habeeb

righteousmomma

I was rereading one of the first posts here and was struck all over again with the blackness - total lack of Spiritual Light and Truth - that is spreading over this little planet "Something evil this way comes" has never been truer.

( Geee, Sorry for not commenting earlier on this permanent thread - especially after saying months ago and agreeing with you that serious and focused attention should be brought/exposed regarding the world wide persecution of Christians. Thank you for your faithfulness )

Anyway I was rereading this totally surrealistic - at least to me - Christian woman's account :

Her bio:

"To her neighbors, Aasiya Noreen “Asia” Bibi, a poor mother of five in the tiny village of Ittan Wali in central Pakistan, was guilty — guilty of being Christian in a nation that is 97% Muslim. For four years she has languished in a prison cell for this, facing death by hanging.
Her new memoir, “Blasphemy,” was dictated to her husband from jail, who relayed it to French journalist Anne-Isabelle Tollet. Fifty percent of the proceeds the book will go to support Bibi and her family. Tollet says the situation is dire."

Her words - in part:

"The sun was beating down, and by midday it was like working in an oven. I was dripping with sweat and I could hardly think or move for the suffocating heat. In my mind, I could see the river beside my village. If only I could have jumped into that cool water!

But since the river was nowhere near, I freed myself from my bushes and walked over to the nearby well. Already I could sense the coolness rising up from the depths.

I pull up a bucketful of water and dip in the old metal cup resting on the side of the well. The cool water is all I can think of. I gulp it down and I feel better; I pull myself together.

Then I start to hear muttering. I pay no attention and fill the cup again, this time holding it out to a woman next to me who looks like she’s in pain. She smiles and reaches out . . . At exactly the moment Musarat pokes her ferrety nose out from the bush, her eyes full of hate:

“Don’t drink that water, it’s haram!”

Musarat addresses all the pickers, who have suddenly stopped work at the sound of the word “haram,” the Islamic term for anything forbidden by God.

“Listen, all of you, this Christian has dirtied the water in the well by drinking from our cup and dipping it back several times. Now the water is unclean and we can’t drink it! Because of her!”

It’s so unfair that for once I decide to defend myself and stand up to the old witch.

“I think Jesus would see if differently from Mohammed.”

Musarat is furious. “How dare you think for the Prophet, you filthy animal!”

Three other women start shouting even louder.

“That’s right, you’re just a filthy Christian! You’ve contaminated our water and now you dare speak for the Prophet! Stupid bitch, your Jesus didn’t even have a proper father, he was a bastard, don’t you know that.”

Musarat comes over as though she’s going to hit me and yells: “You should convert to Islam to redeem yourself for your filthy religion.”

I feel a pain deep inside. We Christians have always stayed silent: We’ve been taught since we were babies never to say anything, to keep quiet because we’re a minority. But I’m stubborn too and now I want to react, I want to defend my faith. I take a deep breath and fill my lungs with courage.

“I’m not going to convert. I believe in my religion and in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for the sins of mankind. What did your Prophet Mohammed ever do to save mankind? And why should it be me that converts instead of you?”

That’s when the hatred bursts from all side. All around me the women start screaming. One of them grabs my bowl and tips the berries into her own. Another one shoves and Musarat spits in my face with all the scorn she can manage. A foot lashes out and they push me. Even when I run home, I can still hear them complaining.

Five days later, I went to work fruit picking in another field. I’ve almost filled my bowl when I hear what sounds like a rioting crowd. I step back from my bush, wondering what’s going on, and in the distance I see dozens of men and women striding along towards our field, waving their arms in the air.

I catch the cruel eyes of Musarat. Her expression is self-righteous and full of scorn. I shiver as I suddenly realize that she hasn’t let it go. I can tell she’s out for revenge. The excited crowd are closer now; they are coming into the field and now they’re standing in front of me, threatening and shouting.

“Filthy bitch! We’re taking you back to the village! You insulted our Prophet! You’ll pay for that with your life!”

They all start yelling:

“Death! Death to the Christian!”

The angry crowd is pressing closer and closer around me. I’m half lying on the ground when two men grab me by the arms to drag me away. I call out in a desperate, feeble voice:

“I haven’t done anything! Let me go, please! I haven’t done anything wrong!”

Just then someone hits me in the face. My nose really hurts and I’m bleeding. They drag me along, semi-conscious, like a stubborn donkey. I can only submit and pray that it will all stop soon. I look at the crowd, apparently jubilant that I’ve put up so little resistance. I stagger as the blows rain down on my legs, my back and the back of my head. I tell myself that when we get to the village perhaps my sufferings will be over. But when we arrive there it’s worse: there are even more people and the crowd turn more and more aggressive, calling all the louder for my death.

More and more people join the crowd as they push me towards the home of the village headman. I recognize the house — it’s the only one that has a garden with grass growing in it. They throw me to the ground. The village imam speaks to me: “I’ve been told you’ve insulted our Prophet. You know what happens to anyone who attacks the holy Prophet Mohammed. You can redeem yourself only by conversion or death.”

“I haven’t done anything! Please! I beg you! I’ve done nothing wrong!”

The qari with his long, well-combed beard, turns to Musarat and the three women who were there on the day of the falsa harvest.

“Did she speak ill of Muslims and our holy Prophet Mohammed?”

“Yes, she insulted them,” replies Musarat, and the others join in:

“It’s true, she insulted our religion.”

“If you don’t want to die,” says the young mullah, “you must convert to Islam. Are you willing to redeem yourself by becoming a good Muslim?”

Sobbing, I reply:

“No, I don’t want to change my religion. But please believe me, I didn’t do what these women say, I didn’t insult your religion. Please have mercy on me.”

I put my hands together and plead with him. But he is unmoved.

“You’re lying! Everyone says you committed this blasphemy and that’s proof enough. Christians must comply with the law of Pakistan, which forbids any derogatory remarks about the holy Prophet. Since you won’t convert and the Prophet cannot defend himself, we shall avenge him.”

He turns on his heel and the angry crowd falls on me. I’m beaten with sticks and spat at. I think I’m going to die. Then they ask me again:

“Will you convert to a religion worthy of the name?”

“No, please, I’m a Christian, but I beg you . . . ”

And they go on beating me with the same fury as before.

I was barely conscious and could hardly feel the pain of my wounds by the time the police arrived. Two policemen threw me in their van, to cheers from the angry crowd, and a few minutes later I was in the police station in Nankana Sahib.

In the police chief’s office they sat me down on a bench. I asked for water and compresses for the wounds on my legs, which were streaming with blood. A young policeman threw me an old dishcloth and spat out at me:

“Here, and don’t get it everywhere.”

One of my arms really hurt and I thought it might be broken. Just then I saw the qari come in with Musarat and her gang. With me sitting there they told the police chief that I insulted the Prophet Mohammed. From outside the police station I could hear shouts:

“Death to the Christian!”

After writing up the report the policeman turned and called to me in a nasty voice:

“So what have you got to say for yourself?”

“I’m innocent! It’s not true! I didn’t insult the Prophet!”

Immediately after I’d protested my innocence I was manhandled into the police van and driven away. During the journey I passed out from pain and only came back to myself as we were arriving at Sheikhupura prison, where I was thrown into a cell.

Since that day I haven’t left prison."

Excerpted with permission from “Blasphemy: A Memoir” by Asia Bibi as told to Anne-Isabelle Tollet, published by Chicago Review Press.

This is the same small publishers of our sil's 2 books. I am sending this article to him. God's timing for me noticing the publisher at this time is perfect - as always.

I was rereading her account because I am mentally preparing a presentation to be done in November over 2 Sundays on the glorious stained glass windows in our church. One is the story of Jesus meeting the Samaritan woman at the well and then last week in my CBS study of John we began a discussion of that encounter. I think God is trying to tell me something.

• Like 2

U.S. House of Representatives Passes Eshoo Bill to Protect Religious Minorities in the Middle East

Washington, D.C. – The House of Representatives approved bipartisan legislation sponsored by Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) and Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA), an Assyrian-Armenian American member of Congress, to create a special envoy at the U.S. State Department for religious minorities in the Near East and South Central Asia.

The legislation, known as H.R. 440, was introduced in January in the wake of increasing violence, targeted attacks and heightened discrimination against Christians in Iraq and Egypt, and persistent concerns in Afghanistan and Pakistan, among other nations.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.mecn.org/2011/08/u-s-house-of-representatives-passes-eshoo-bill-to-protect-religious-minorities/

@righteousmomma - the Samaritan woman is exactly what I thought of when I read that also.

I was heartened to see that some in Congress (above) are taking note of what is going on, even if "The Leader of the Free World" rolleyes.gif doesn't see fit.

righteousmomma

And Geee, when I reread the article I was struck at how eerily similar her persecution was like our Lord Jesus' pre crucifixion persecution.

Btw, Fox just had a soundbite on "America Newsroom" that said:

Global war on Christians by muslim terror groups. Now King is on talking about the sharp increase on attacks against Christians around the world. They have a map of the countries of the world and now "Congress creates a new special envoy as attacks on Christians"

righteousmomma

My son in law's father sent me this and a friend of his had forwarded it to him so not sure of the original source:

"This is one of the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history seem accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come.

My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China 's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people..

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Now Islamic prayers have been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario , and, yes, in Ottawa too while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?) The Islamic way may be peaceful for the time being in our country until the fanatics move in.

In Australia , and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food items in your local supermarket. Food on aircraft have the halal emblem, just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding within the nation’s shores.

In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of “no-go” zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim community in those areas refuse to acknowledge British law.

As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life."

• Like 1