Cruz ‘perplexed’ by GOP attacks on him, won’t back down in ‘Defund Obamacare’ fight

Geee

cruz-perplexed-by-gop-attacks-on-him-wont-back-down-in-defund-obamacare-fightDaily Caller:

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is “perplexed” by GOP attacks on his effort to defund Obamacare and has no intention of backing down, despite complaints from other Senate Republicans that his crusade is not realistic and could potentially damage the party’s chances in the 2014 midterm elections.

“There may be people who lob attacks at him, but he’s not going to return those attacks,” Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier told The Daily Caller, taking a firm stand in a battle that could determine the GOP’s strategic playbook heading into the 2014 midterms.

Cruz and fellow junior Republican senators Mike Lee and Marco Rubio are involved in a “coordinated effort,” according to Frazier, to urge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to block all continuing-resolution budget bills until Obamacare is defunded, either through budgetary means or by passing the Defund Obamacare Act, which has already failed three times in Congress.Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

August 2, 2013

Moran to Visigoths: “Your Visigothery is so, like, insane and stuff!”

Posted by Jeff

I don’t have much time, and frankly even less inclination, to deal with Moran’s latest attack on conservatives. But the fact is, he’s editor at American Thinker and is given column inches at Pajamas Media, meaning he’s a symptom of all that’s gone wrong with both the blogosphere and the Republican Party, and it’s relatively few now centralized messaging centers, since the birth of political blogging.

Good. Got that off my chest.

Now quickly to the meat. Like many Big Government dullards and status quo champions — and the contemporary GOP messaging apparatus is absolutely flush with them — Moran has taken to arguing that, because Obama and Harry Reid can shut down the government and blame Republicans for the shutdown, the GOP can’t do anything that might cause Obama and Reid to shut down the government and blame Republicans for the shutdown. Scissors-32x32.png

So when Moran writes: Just so I have this straight…Cruz doesn’t want to shut down the government he only wants to defund Obamacare by preventing funds for implementation via the CR Scissors-32x32.png

http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=50350

pollyannaish

I like Cruz. End of story. Don't always agree with him just like anyone else, but I'll tell you e is clear, articulate and courageous. So far so good.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

I like Cruz. End of story. Don't always agree with him just like anyone else, but I'll tell you e is clear, articulate and courageous. So far so good.

You couldn’t spoke for me any better. Thank u tongue.png

• Like 1

“There may be people who lob attacks at him, but he’s not going to return those attacks,” Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier told The Daily Caller,

No, here will leave that to others.