Coffee Shop

Rheo

Do Juice Boxes Make You Gay?

Matthew Walther

According to the Huffington Post, Alex Jones thinks that they do:

Jones] claims the government is “encouraging homosexuality with chemicals so that people don’t have children” and that he has the documentation to prove it. Upon cutting open a juice box to show the plastic membrane supposedly filled with said chemicals he concludes, “After [little boys] are done drinking your juices, [they’re] ready to go out and have a baby… [they’re] ready to put together a garden of roses… [they’re] ready to go put lipstick on…”

(Snip)

And people wonder why I make fun of Alex and his nutter empire.

Reform

The time has come when men with hearts and brains

Must rise and take the misdirected reins

Of government; too long left in the hands

Of aliens and of lackeys. He who stands

And sees the mighty vehicle of State

Hauled through the mire to some ignoble fate

And makes not such bold protest as he can,

Is no American.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

• Like 2

Reform

The time has come when men with hearts and brains

Must rise and take the misdirected reins

Of government; too long left in the hands

Of aliens and of lackeys. He who stands

And sees the mighty vehicle of State

Hauled through the mire to some ignoble fate

And makes not such bold protest as he can,

Is no American.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Yes!

The Week In Pictures

Steven Hayward

1/26/13

Haven’t done a photo essay for a while. And there some good stuff making the rounds right now:

580x451xMichelle-Romulan-copy-600x467.jpg.pagespeed.ic.UIE9HuhRTe.jpg

It's just the sort of thing Kang and Kodos would put over on us, isn't it?

395x600xDeLauro-copy-395x600.jpg.pagespeed.ic.c-iVzDvi4n.jpg

It could have been worse. Michelle could have taken fashion tips from Dem. Rep. Rosa DeLauro.

(Note: I'm a guy, so it goes w/o saying I have no fashion sense, but that is just WRONG in oh so many ways!)

580x561xBill-Clinton-copy-600x581.jpg.pagespeed.ic.h-v0epi_fJ.jpg

(Snip)

482x376xPolar-Bear-Nose-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0upH8Y5KQd.jpg

You say your name is Al Gore? And you want to sell me a TV network--for my own good?

(Snip)

It is frightening how quickly the administration is moving to demonize anyone who opposes them. There are clear hints of now bringing in the studies showing conservatives mentally ill and crazy, religious people stupid and simple, fat people and smokers as irrisponsible drags on society. The language that is being used by the press and the president is breathtaking. The Amercan people who don't fit the utopian image, who mess up the tidy little vision are being declared undesirables. I always knew it could happen, but it has happened so quickly it takes my breath away. I hope people are listening.

It is frightening how quickly the administration is moving to demonize anyone who opposes them. There are clear hints of now bringing in the studies showing conservatives mentally ill and crazy, religious people stupid and simple, fat people and smokers as irrisponsible drags on society. The language that is being used by the press and the president is breathtaking. The Amercan people who don't fit the utopian image, who mess up the tidy little vision are being declared undesirables. I always knew it could happen, but it has happened so quickly it takes my breath away. I hope people are listening.

I see this as a golden opportunity to make fun of them.

Citizen activists frustrated by lack of action to clean up Seven Corners

Kay Cooper and Nancy Vorona, residents of Lake Barcroft, would like to see the Seven Corners area cleaned up. They’ve been urging Fairfax County leaders, VDOT, and law enforcement officials to take some action to get rid of the litter and illegal signs that have turned the once vibrant commercial center into an eyesore. Government officials agree the area needs to be cleaned up. Yet nothing is being done.

Cooper is beyond frustrated at the lack of action. “We spent hours on this and got nowhere,” she said. “It’s been like pulling teeth to get any information from anybody. It’s like they don’t really want to help us.”

Nearly a year ago Cooper and Vorona, in a spirit of neighborhood activism, started organizing a community-wide cleanup to occur on June 23, focusing on Leesburg Pike. They were inspired by the success of the huge annual Culmore Cleanup in Bailey’s Crossroads that started 10 years ago.

They knew they needed approval from VDOT, but didn’t think that would be an insurmountable problem. Boy, were they wrong.

(Snip)

H/T Townhall

Touré: Thank God for abortion

Ed Morrissey

January 28, 2013

I played this clip Friday night while guest hosting Hugh Hewitt’s show, and ended up with a deluge of callers. We haven’t posted it here yet, but Touré’s prayer of thanks for the sacrament of abortion has to be seen to be believed:

(Snip)

wallbash.gif

Gov. Cuomo Pushing ‘Health Bill’ For Late-Term Abortions

Leah Barkoukis

1/28/13

Passing the most comprehensive gun legislation in the nation apparently wasn’t enough for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. According to LifeNews.com, he’s now pushing the most sweeping abortion legislation in the country, too. The so-called Reproductive health bill would make drastic changes to New York’s current abortion policy, permitting unlimited late-term abortion on demand and allowing non-physicians to perform abortions, for example. The Catholic Center outlines the extreme elements in the bill:

In an interview with the New Republic published Sunday, President Obama revealed something new about himself: He enjoys going skeet shooting with visitors at his presidential retreat.

Asked by one of the magazine’s editors whether he has ever fired a gun – a query that’s often raised during debates over gun control – Obama responded, “Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

LINK

Preview The Barack & Hillary Show

Barf Bags available on request.

Right Scoop: “It was a joke!” Kirsten Powers hammers Obama/Hillary interview as state-run propaganda interview

***UPDATE: ALLEN WEST ALSO BLASTS INTERVIEW***

I’ll be honest and tell you I couldn’t stomach watching 60 Minutes interview Obama and Hillary together last night. But apparently I didn’t miss much more than a 60 Minutes butt-kiss to both Obama and Hillary.

Kirsten Powers criticized the interview saying there were no real questions of substance asked of either Obama or Hillary and that CBS 60 Minutes was clearly used as a campaign advertisement, which apparently they didn’t mind. She also called the interview a joke, saying it reminded her of a state-run propaganda interview.

Watch the interview:

In an interview with the New Republic published Sunday, President Obama revealed something new about himself: He enjoys going skeet shooting with visitors at his presidential retreat.

Asked by one of the magazine’s editors whether he has ever fired a gun – a query that’s often raised during debates over gun control – Obama responded, “Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

LINK

In the interview, which comes as the White House is taking its gun reform agenda to the American public, Obama struck a different tone.

“Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas,” he said. “And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were 10, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family’s traditions, you can see why you’d be pretty protective of that.”

He added: “So it’s trying to bridge those gaps that I think is going to be part of the biggest task over the next several months. And that means that advocates of gun control have to do a little more listening than they do sometimes.”

Yes we have a lot more dangerous people!

Right Scoop: "It was a joke!" Kirsten Powers hammers Obama/Hillary interview as state-run propaganda interview

I'll be honest and tell you I couldn't stomach watching 60 Minutes interview Obama and Hillary together last night. But apparently I didn't miss much more than a 60 Minutes butt-kiss to both Obama and Hillary.

Kirsten Powers criticized the interview saying there were no real questions of substance asked of either Obama or Hillary and that CBS 60 Minutes was clearly used as a campaign advertisement, which apparently they didn't mind. She also called the interview a joke, saying it reminded her of a state-run propaganda interview.

Watch the interview:

I'll take your word for itrolleyes.gif

Right Scoop: "It was a joke!" Kirsten Powers hammers Obama/Hillary interview as state-run propaganda interview

I'll be honest and tell you I couldn't stomach watching 60 Minutes interview Obama and Hillary together last night. But apparently I didn't miss much more than a 60 Minutes butt-kiss to both Obama and Hillary.

Kirsten Powers criticized the interview saying there were no real questions of substance asked of either Obama or Hillary and that CBS 60 Minutes was clearly used as a campaign advertisement, which apparently they didn't mind. She also called the interview a joke, saying it reminded her of a state-run propaganda interview.

Watch the interview:

I'll take your word for itrolleyes.gif

It's not the 60 minutes interview. Even I as evil person as I am would not subject anyone to that. I could be wrong but I believe that could be considered Cruel & Unusual Punishment.