Prince Charles: 'I'm running out of time'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

Prince-Charles-Im-running-out-of-time.htmlUK Telegraph:

In a series of remarkably candid comments, Prince Charles hinted that he feared his legacy as king would be cut short.

During a visit to Dumfries House, the stately home in East Ayrshire which the Prince helped save for the nation, he joked about his reputation for pursuing projects with notorious vigour but made a poignant reference to his mortality.

He said: “Impatient? Me? What a thing to suggest! Yes of course I am.” He added: “I’ll run out of time soon. I shall have snuffed it if I’m not careful.”

The comments, which were recorded for a film on the Clarence House website about the Prince’s involvement with Dumfries House, will fuel ongoing speculation that Prince Charles, 64, is more eager than ever to take the throne after 60 years of waiting.

In 2008, he became the longest-waiting heir to the throne in British history, overtaking his great-great grandfather, Edward VII.

While royal aides insist that he is fulfilled by his current role as heir apparent, supporting the Queen and being actively involved with the Prince’s Trust and his numerous other charities, many royal commentators have suggested that he feels frustrated his reign has not yet begun.

With a history of longevity in his family - the Queen is 86 and in good health while Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother lived to the age of 101 - Prince Charles may yet have a while to wait until he succeeds his mother.

The Prince has previously hinted at his impatience with the long wait for succession. In 1992, on the eve of the Queen’s 40th anniversary on the throne, he attended the funeral of his father-in-law, the 8th Earl Spencer, where he is believed to have remarked to Charles Spencer, his then brother-in-law: “You are fortunate enough to have succeeded to the title when still young.”

________

Maybe this explains his sense of urgency...

gangster.jpg

Chuck, I hear ya got a little problem. My associates and I just happen to be in the problem removal business, and for a fee we can solve your little problem