Dad's off the ventilator

raygun

So far everythings going by the "numbers"

Dad's pulse shoots up; I've seen it as high as 143.

He's paced at 98 bpm , 105/80

So far he's flat-line w/out the pace.

Significant right heart failure necessitating triple-bypass; he had all the deals concerning that. I think that's what its called: pericardial effusion. There's another one and I doubt its in the dictionary: Wrath of Mom; you wasted our reitrement funds smoking crack and paying hookers.

The surgeon found a perceived atrial thrombus that was left in-situ; biopsied to confirm belief said mass was not malignant. The cardiac surgeon wouldn't do a stent on account that Dad is a long term heavy smoker (such procedure has too grat risk for embolus ischemic stroke).

Dad was woke up about 6 hrs after the procedure. Intubation was removed about 6 hours after the procecure (because of the numbers). Dad goes tachycardia frequently to 145. Nurse assured me that pacer would prohibit exeeding some threat level. I'm understanding that the pace is set with bias and float near 98 beat / minute.

The ICU nurse said Dad is presently flat-line w/out the pacing. But other than that everything's going "by the numbers".

We're 12 into 24 hr period of greatest threat.

Going to visit Dad w/Mom in about 12 hours. By then he should be disonnected from all the hydraulics.