Coffee Shop

Rheo

Obama administration disavows Cairo apology

BYRON TAU

9/11/12 10:10 PM EDT

The Obama administration is disavowing a statement from its own Cairo embassy that seemed to apologize for anti-Muslim activity in the United States.

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," an administration official told POLITICO.

(Snip)

"Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a Tuesday statement.

(Snip)

Looks like someone at the State Dept. found a clue laying around.

Just a thought.

Notice how Pearl Harbor day has faded into history and replaced by 9-11? On December 7, count the number of stories about Pearl Harbor.

I won't be around, but I do wonder what is going to replace 9-11. Something always comes along. Will it be nuclear or chemical?

Just a thought.

Notice how Pearl Harbor day has faded into history and replaced by 9-11? On December 7, count the number of stories about Pearl Harbor.

I won't be around, but I do wonder what is going to replace 9-11. Something always comes along. Will it be nuclear or chemical?

You read my mind! We will never forget lasts as long as a generation. After that...poof.

Sad really.

Just a thought.

You read my mind! We will never forget lasts as long as a generation. After that...poof.

Sad really.

I guess it is only right that the new generation gets a fresh reminder that there is evil in this world.

Just a thought.

Sad really.

I guess it is only right that the new generation gets a fresh reminder that there is evil in this world.

Wish it was different...but that is the human way. I sometimes wonder what previous generations promised to "Never forget." What did the Greeks promise, or the Romans? We think we know now, but I'm not sure we really do.

Time marches on and evil continues to preside.

@SrWoodchuck --surely that isn't the movie, that was totally stupid

Totally stupid. That is why it had nothing to do with the events in Libya.

It is my understanding, that, stupid as it is......the picture of the "perfect man" Mohammad, caused the violence. The fact that it happened on 9/11 had nothing to do with it.[/sarc]

More than 80 percent of Chicago public school students qualify for free lunches at school because they come from low-income households.

ohmy.png

More than 80 percent of Chicago public school students qualify for free lunches at school because they come from low-income households.

ohmy.png

I'm just happy to know that because of Michelle's "exciting changes" these kids are getting good food for a change. Hopefully they'll eat it.

Saw a rumor that Chicago teachers' strike might get settled soon. Regardless of that, what are the odds that Obama gets a shout out for behind the scenes work in resolving it?

'This Does Not Represent Us': Moving Photos of Pro-American Rallies in Libya

large.jpeg

Elspeth Reeve 41,324 Views Sep 12, 2012

Scissors-32x32.png

Just like not all Americans are like the people who made the weird anti-Islam movie that is sparking protests in Muslim nations, not all people in Libya are like the ones who killed U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens. Some of the people of Benghazi, where Stevens was killed, held a demonstration against terrorism and to show sympathy for the U.S. Libya Alhurra TV, an Internet TV channel founded at the start of the Arab Spring in 2011, posted Facebook photos of a rally there showing support for America and sympathy for Stevens. Here are some of those pictures:

H/T Instapundit