Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Yesterday it was so good to hear Rush so excited ("jazzed" as he said) at the choice of Ryan.

He said finally that someone would be speaking out every day like him -- articulate (not that its about "me" LOL ) and speaking conservative values from his "heart"

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

My Man Newt! takes Piers Morgan to school.

H/T Ed Morrissey

How the heck Piers Morgan thinks he would be able to keep up with Newt in a sensible interview is the height of narrow minded egotism. On the other hand, his facial expressions gave him away -- he knew he was baiting Newt and that he would get Newt going as only Newt can do.

H/T Ed Morrissey

How the heck Piers Morgan thinks he would be able to keep up with Newt in a sensible interview is the height of narrow minded egotism. On the other hand, his facial expressions gave him away -- he knew he was baiting Newt and that he would get Newt going as only Newt can do.

And the downside is....?

The problem is waaay to many people listening won't hear what Newt said.

The Lonely Conservative: Boehner Hasn’t Heard From Obama in 49 Weeks

August 14, 2012

We’re headed for a fiscal cliff, yet President Obama has not been in touch with the Speaker of the House in the past 49 weeks. That’s what Speaker John Boehner told Greta Van Susteren last night. Obama isn’t at all concerned with solving any of the country’s problems. All he’s interested in is hanging on to his job.

Boehner’s revelation comes at about the 10:00 mark in the video.....(Snip)

Of course the question needs to be asked why in the world would post-partisan Barack Obama want to talk to the Republican Speaker of the House?

H/T Ed Morrissey

And the downside is....?

The problem is waaay to many people listening won't hear what Newt said.

Oh, no downside at all! I agree, not enough will hear what he said, but still the more he says it and has a chance to say it, the better.

It can now be revealed! Michelle Bachmann is a tool of....(wait for it) THE JEWS! Lew Rockwell says so...so it must be true.

Is that Lew Rockwell of the John Birch Bench Tool fame?

BTW: Rosen gave Mr. & Mrs. Weiner their new digs.......as he's one of those Jews that believe that Muslims & the Brotherhood don't really mean that they want to cut off your head.

Today is the Holy day of the Assumption of the Blessed Mother, Mary. The Anchoress has an excellent read for today's Holy day:

Mary’s Assumption Makes Sense in Light of Microchimerism

August 15, 2012 By Elizabeth Scalia

Scissors-32x32.png

happyatsixflags-2-1-300x169.jpg

Whenever my younger son is particularly happy he lets out with a dazzling grin and it always thrills me, because I recognize therein my grandmother’s smile. She died when I was ten years old, but practically at the moment of his birth, I recognized her distinctive mouth and smile in him. I frequently marvel at the fact that I see in him something of a person he never knew, and that in my grandmother, I’d been seeing a feature that likely belonged to some wild Scot that she herself never knew.

Just as our actions ripple outward in ways we do not imagine, so too we physically travel on, in bits and pieces, so far beyond ourselves.

When studying Anatomy and Physiology in college, the lesson that briefly discussed fetomaternal microchimerism, became instructive to me on a different level. Learning that every child leaves within his mother a microscopic bit of himself — and that it remains within her forever — the dogma of the Immaculate Conception instantly became both crystal clear and brilliant to me.

Deacon Greg's Homily for today:

Homily for August 15, 2012: Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

August 14, 2012 By Deacon Greg Kandra

Scissors-32x32.png

IMG_6405-575x766.jpeg

[Click here for readings]

Last weekend, I was talking with someone in the sacristy and said that that, in my opinion, this is the best time of year to be in New York. The last two weeks of August may be hot, humid, mobbed with tourists.

But: during rush hour, you can always get a seat on the subway.

Most New Yorkers have fled the city, traveling or staying out of town. And coincidentally, the gospel today begins with a scene everyone can understand: a journey.

“Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste…”

Of course, what Mary does here is hardly a vacation. She has just been told that she is to be the Mother of God. And rather than keeping this news to herself, or wondering how she will cope, she sets out on a journey, to visit her cousin, Elizabeth — and we have this momentous scene that follows, The Visitation.

Too often, we think of the Blessed Mother as a quiet, serene figure – placid and passive.

But this day, I’d like to ask you to think of her differently.

Mary, in fact, is a person of action, on the move. This is a woman who is going places.

It's worth reading the whole thing.

It can now be revealed! Michelle Bachmann is a tool of....(wait for it) THE JEWS! Lew Rockwell says so...so it must be true.

Is that Lew Rockwell of the John Birch Bench Tool fame?

BTW: Rosen gave Mr. & Mrs. Weiner their new digs.......as he's one of those Jews that believe that Muslims & the Brotherhood don't really mean that they want to cut off your head.

That's the guy! Now I'm not calling Paleo-Cons anti-semites, but there does seem to be a lot of emphasis on "The Jews" in their articles.

dunkin2.jpg

Michelle Obama's nightmare!

But oh man, Dunkin' Donuts are good. So is their coffee. Unfortunately (or probably fortunately) they are not in this area. Maybe that is why CO is the skinniest state in the Union. (Or at least that is what I read on Yahoo! news so it must be true.)

dunkin2.jpg

Michelle Obama's nightmare!

But oh man, Dunkin' Donuts are good. So is their coffee. Unfortunately (or probably fortunately) they are not in this area. Maybe that is why CO is the skinniest state in the Union. (Or at least that is what I read on Yahoo! news so it must be true.)

Flanked by Subway & Baskin Robins! What more do you need?

BTW I'm not sure if you are aware that when the Children of Israel were wandering in the wilderness, what they were really eating were donuts. It's right there in *3rd Hezekiah...if memory serves 3rd Hezekiah Chapter 4 verse 16.

* one of the lesser known books of the bible.

pollyannaish

Paul Ryan is closer in age to Gabby whats her name from the Olympics than he is to Joe Biden. The Dems: stuck on stupid.

Hey! All of us would prefer to be closer to Gabby than Joe. That girl is an inspiration. biggrin.png

(Can you believe Michelle Obama criticized her for having an Egg McMuffin. Seriously? Just shut up lady.)

I'm sorry, but that wasn't very respectful of me. But it makes me mad, frankly.

• Like 2