Coffee Shop

Rheo

saveliberty

NC Teacher Screams at Student: It’s Criminal to Criticize Obama

Screen%20Shot%2020120520%20at%2092031%20AM.png

Email ArticlePrint Article Send a Tip

by Ben Shapiro 1 hour ago 45 post a comment

Scissors-32x32.png

A YouTube video uploaded on Monday afternoon apparently shows a schoolteacher from the Rowan-Salisbury school district in North Carolina informing a student that failing to be respectful of President Obama is a criminal offense. Breitbart News has uncovered that the student is a high school junior.

The video shows a classroom discussion about the Washington Post hit piece about Mitt Romney bullying a kid some five decades ago. One student says, “Didn’t Obama bully someone though?” The teacher says: “Not to my knowledge.” The student then cites the fact that Obama, in Dreams from My Father, admits to shoving a little girl. “Stop, no, because there is no comparison,” screams the teacher. Romney is “running for president. Obama is the president.”

Scissors-32x32.png

The student says that it would violate First Amendment rights to jail someone for such sentiments. “You would have to say some pretty f’d up crap about him to be arrested,” says the student. “They cannot take away your right to have your opinion … They can’t take that away unless you threaten the president.”

Clearly, the student should be teaching the class, and the teacher should be reading the Constitution more often.

The student responds that both are “just men.”

saveliberty

The real curse of the Kennedys

It’s their treatment of women

Last Updated: 10:14 AM, May 20, 2012

Posted: 11:15 PM, May 19, 2012

maureen_callahan.pngMaureen Callahan

Scissors-32x32.png

Along with their waning power, wealth, privilege and prestige, here’s another element of the Camelot mystique that needs to be extinguished: the myth of “The Kennedy Curse.” It’s almost a reflexive national reaction when we hear of yet another Kennedy dying too young, so of course it was invoked again last week, when news broke that Mary Richardson Kennedy, the estranged 52-year-old wife of Robert Kennedy Jr., had hung herself in her barn on Wednesday. A curse, however, implies supernatural intervention by vengeful gods jealous of mortal youth, beauty, brilliance.

mary_kennedy--300x300.jpg

ACE/INFphoto.com

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his wife Mary Richardson Kennedy during a 2002 gala benefit to celebrate the Sundance Institute 20th Anniversary at Cipriani on 42nd St. in New York City

Let’s just call it what it is: the natural fallout when you’re a member of a family riddled with entitled, underachieving drunks, drug addicts and adulterers, whose treatment of women is historically deplorable.

It’s a top-down mentality that began in the 1920s, with patriarch Joe. Leaving aside his other character flaws — running with gangsters, espousing racist and anti- Semitic beliefs, buying his son’s presidential election — Joe was such a callous philanderer that he often brought his mistress, actress Gloria Swanson, home to dinner with his wife, Rose.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...O#ixzz1vQufBNGu

Read the whole thing.

saveliberty

Heh. Calling @Geee (for reading later).

Boehner: ‘218 frogs’

120520_frog_605.jpg

By DARREN SAMUELSOHN | 5/20/12 1:50 PM EDT

Scissors-32x32.png

House Speaker John Boehner says his Republican caucus often acts like a bunch of antsy amphibians.

“It is hard to keep 218 frogs in a wheelbarrow long enough to get a bill passed,” the Ohio Republican said in an interview aired Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” when asked about the internal criticism of his leadership style.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76530.html#ixzz1vRe54Hj2

• Like 1

saveliberty

I am watching the Panel on Fox News Sunday. Joe Trippi looked very uncomfortable when asked about what happens if Greece fails. He was making sense, about this possibly being more influential than Ohio or Florida in the election, but then he could not stop himself from hyperbolic statements on how austerity isn't working.

It's working for Germans, but it doesn't work in the Euro.

France and Greece essentially believe that they have voted themselves the German economy.

On to Iran, Bill Kristol was talking about kicking the can down the road about what to do about Iran. Again, Joe looked deeply uncomfortable.

Evan Bayh didn't show as much emotion, but I think that Joe may understand more, even if we disagree.

saveliberty

@saveliberty

Leadership and Boehner? Isn't that some sort of oxymoron?

Now you are being unkind. I think that he pushed the Administration into a very uncomfortable spot, which is why they aren't going any further without tax increases.

I like John Boehner.

Full disclosure, I have lived in Ohio.

• Like 1

saveliberty

Back to discussing Karl Rove's electoral map. Karl and Evan agree that it will be a close election.

SrWoodchuck

Zimbabwe Announces Cuts in Government

I have nothing to say!

They should start by cutting out their president.

Liked this comment from the post:

DocJay

They could try being monogamous but that won't work in those crazy cultures. Oh well, as the moyl says," ignorance is bris". Besides they can can make a suitcase that if palpated properly will make a nice tent in a rainstorm. So I'm told at least but the info is circumspect.

Mitt Romney is in favor of good things.

I'm starting to get that tingly feeling!

Up your leg or what!!!

Yup! biggrin.png

And truth me you don't want to know about my "Or What"!

righteousmomma

Senator Rubio's speech last night at the S.C. dinner. Worth a listen, he is quite a speaker. He starts at about 17.00 minute.

http://www.c-spanvid.../program/RubioS

Excellent!! His words explain Why I am a Conservative, Why I vote Republican, but most of all Why I am a proud American.