Primary 2012

Valin

clearvision

Former presidential candidate Michele Bachmann threw her support behind Mitt Romney on Thursday.

Standing on stage with the presumptive GOP presidential nominee at an event in Portsmouth, Virginia, the Minnesota congresswoman said she was there to "lend my voice and my endorsement to Mitt Romney as our president to take the county back."

Bachmann invoked rhetoric she used frequently on the campaign trail and urged voters to limit President Barack Obama to one term in the White House.

"There is no question in my mind Americans will go to the president and they'll say, "Mr. President, you're fired' and instead we will soundly stand for someone who believes in America," Bachmann said to loud cheers.

Link

Dorothy Rabinowitz: Voters Might Appreciate the Serious Romney

From all corners of the commentariat, advisers friendly and unfriendly have declared it time for Mitt Romney to reveal himself—to let go at last and show the real Mitt he's allegedly been keeping secret. A fetching notion, but not the kind that wins elections. Forget the real Romney. Voters looking for a victory over Barack Obama would settle for the Romney on hand—the only real one, and unlikely to get any more so—as long as he's equipped for the requirements of the battle ahead.

It would help if he showed, first of all, a capacity to run a campaign not obviously dependent on the latest polls, or the fears of consultants. He could begin by ignoring the chorus of hysterics agonizing over the gender gap, then proceed to comport himself like a presidential candidate who grasps that women see themselves as citizens like any other—not as a separate group assigned victim status, to be favored with special tenderness.

He could see to it that the women of America aren't favored by any more shout-outs from Ann Romney during his campaign appearances. The Romney campaign has had some famous streaks of tone deafness but nothing quite as strange as Mrs. Romney's congratulations to women on Super Tuesday night, with arm-waving and huzzahs, cheerleader-style. Women were concerned with things like the economy, with jobs, Mrs. Romney joyfully announced. A testimonial that suggested, unmistakably, that this interest in jobs and the state of the economy was—in the view of the Romney campaign—a new and wondrous achievement for the gender that had had, until now, hardly a thought about such matters.

(Snip)

"a capacity to run a campaign not obviously dependent on the latest polls, or the fears of consultants."

Can he do this?

That's a good bumper sticker.

@nickydog

For the low low price of $5,712,539.37 I'll give you premission to use it.

You can't blame a guy for trying.

I wonder what is or soon will be on offer at our local Republican Party Hdqtrs. Not that I would put anything on my car anyway for fear of it being scratched with somebody's car key.

Draggingtree

blogs4mitt_banner-medium.JPG

May 05, 2012

Announcing Blogs4Mitt.com

**Sticky**

I've started a new website called Blogs4Mitt.com / Blogs4Romney.com. The site will aggregate pro-Romney, anti-Obama blog posts. It will also serve as a traffic driver to bloggers who have important / interesting things to say about this election. If you would like to join the Blogs4Mitt.com webring and be added to the blogroll, please email me at mypetjawa@gmail.com.

More info below.

Read More "Announcing Blogs4Mitt.com

**Sticky**"

I've actually had the site up for a few weeks, Scissors-32x32.png

tp://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/212159.php#212159

By Rusty Shackleford, Ph.D. at 11:43 PM