Primary 2012

Rheo

Draggingtree

H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 – Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist & critic. He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun, which appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."

--- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920 ohmy.png

WestVirginiaRebel

Listening to Ron in ND.

edited for clarity. He is there speaking.

LMFAO.gif Hang in there, @Rheo!

My Fargo friend just posted on FB after I posted about Ron being in ND, that she left for home and there was a young male dressed in full Superman regale jumping a fence and trying to scale the building. I thought...Ron Paul supporter.

no offense to RP supporters, it was just funny to me at the time. wink.png

I thought Superman would be more of a Romney supporter; I know Green Arrow is a Ron Paul fan.happy.png Batman is more of a Santorum guy. Green Lantern and Wonder Women like Gingrich while the Flash and Hawkgirl are definitely for Romney. J'onn J'onnz (Martian Manhunter) is currently undergoing therapy after trying to read Ron Paul's mind.biggrin.png

WestVirginiaRebel

H.L. Mencken, Born 1880 – Died 1956, was a journalist, satirist & critic. He wrote an editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun, which appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."

--- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920 ohmy.png

He was definitely ahead of his time...

Listening to Ron in ND.

My Fargo friend just posted on FB after I posted about Ron being in ND, that she left for home and there was a young male dressed in full Superman regale jumping a fence and trying to scale the building. I thought...Ron Paul supporter.

I thought Superman would be more of a Romney supporter; I know Green Arrow is a Ron Paul fan.happy.png Batman is more of a Santorum guy. Green Lantern and Wonder Women like Gingrich while the Flash and Hawkgirl are definitely for Romney. J'onn J'onnz (Martian Manhunter) is currently undergoing therapy after trying to read Ron Paul's mind.biggrin.png

See my edit. I did mean Spiderman.

WestVirginiaRebel

Listening to Ron in ND.

See my edit. I did mean Spiderman.

OK; that makes more sense, so to speak. So: Spiderman=Ron Paul, Captain America=Gingrich, Iron Man=Romney, Thor isn't a citizen so isn't eligible to vote, Wasp likes Santorum, Giant Man prefers Romney, Bruce Banner likes Romney while the Hulk likes Gingrich.wink.png

Santorum projected to take Tenn.

Google Election

Tennessee Primary

March 6, 2012

1.8% reporting (39/2141)

Santorum 44.2% 45,521

Romney 28.4% 29,296

Gingrich 17.6% 18,096

Paul 7.2% 7,448

Scissors-32x32.pngOne might almost suspect a large part of the party is less than thrilled with Mitt.

And of that large part, there's a fair proportion who openly oppose Romney due to his Massachusetts health care policy but inwardly are against him solely for his Mormon faith.

Meanwhile, we have a half zzz poseur in the White House whose papa was a xxx and mama was a yyy who claims that the call to Mecca is the most beautiful sound in the world.

Diss them all while you can now., because once we have a candidate. I'm standing with whomever it is.

• Like 1

Scissors-32x32.pngOne might almost suspect a large part of the party is less than thrilled with Mitt.

And of that large part, there's a fair proportion who openly oppose Romney due to his Massachusetts health care policy but inwardly are against him solely for his Mormon faith.

I don't know that his faith has that much to do with it. Oh to be sure there are those for whom that's a big deal.

My buddy Duane has amessage for them...DON'T BE ON MY SIDE!

Diss them all while you can now., because once we have a candidate. I'm standing with whomever it is.

Ron Paul?

clearvision

Ron Paul?

Is that what is classically called a strawman?

Ron Paul?

Is that what is classically called a strawman?

Now would I ever do something that? evil1.gif

Ron Paul?

Hmmm. Didn't really have him in the equation.

Conundrum, but yes.

clearvision

Ohio numbers are very interesting at this point. Santorum 39 to Romney 36. To me Ohio is the best judge of who we need to win the presidential election. It does not matter if Newt wins Georgia, Georgia will not go for Obama (well at least it would be a major change).

Oklahoma Primary

March 6, 2012

36.3% reporting (712/1961)

Santorum 34.4% 27,094

Gingrich 27.4% 21,576

Romney 26.9% 21,146

Paul 10.1% 7,931

Ohio Primary

March 6, 2012

15.7% reporting (1478/9440)

Santorum 38.7% 104,701

Romney 36.3% 98,294

Gingrich 15.2% 41,248

Paul 8.4% 22,852

RHEO talking heads talking in her head...there are many...say Paul Ryan! LMFAO.gif

I hate this election. Not thrilled with what we have or where we are.

Not thrilled at all.

carry on!

RHEO talking heads talking in her head...there are many...say Paul Ryan! LMFAO.gif

I hate this election. Not thrilled with what we have or where we are.

Not thrilled at all.

carry on!

Ditto.

FOX talking heads say Romney will pull out Ohio, because of the big cities being late.

Ohio Primary

March 6, 2012

39.4% reporting (3716/9440)

Santorum 38.7% 207,742

Romney 35.8% 191,982

Gingrich 15.1% 80,805

Paul 9.1% 48,722

clearvision

Some major making up to do for Mitt in Ohio. It would be a MAJOR step for Santorum to win in Ohio.