Primary 2012

Rheo

pollyannaish

You know @Valin, some of us support Mitt for decent reasons. I realized last night that I am most definitely supporting Mitt in this election. I am in the process of writing a blog about it and will post it soon. It will answer some of the questions you asked me last week.

Does that make me a shill?

You know @Valin, some of us support Mitt for decent reasons. I realized last night that I am most definitely supporting Mitt in this election. I am in the process of writing a blog about it and will post it soon. It will answer some of the questions you asked me last week.

Does that make me a shill?

No, but recall Hugh from 08 no matter what happened it was Good For Romney.

From the comments....

"Patrick J

03/07/12 09:50

"Romney Rising." Yes! How incredibly annoying yet heartbreakingly pathetic that got. It was like watching Baghdad Bob. No matter what happened, it was always Romney Rising time. The late Dean Barnett, Hugh's sidekick back then, was even more lost than Hugh. Remember how he put the stake in McCain's heart during the amnesty debacle? Understandable enough, in the spring of 2007. But he left it in well into 2008. No matter what McCain did, he was "cratering." He'd rise from 1% to 5% to 10% to 30%, and the faster he rose, the more he was "cratering," according to Hugh and Dean. It go to where someone (not me) posted Inigo Montoya-style, "You keep using that word..." Of course the word could have been "rising" as easily as it was "cratering."

Good times..."

"Truck

03/07/12 09:34

This is pure Hewitt. Wishful cheerleading masking quiet desperation. I remember the 2008 cycle where one could count on a blog post titled "Romney Rising!" from Hugh at least twice a week. Then when McCain became the candidate, there were relentless "Obama tanking" posts, even when the data clearly showed otherwise.

Does anyone take this schtick seriously any more? I wouldn't even give it a "solid B+"...to coin a phrase."

It's one thing to support your candidate, but it quite another to pretend last night was a good night for Mitt.

I am not a man of the written word, so Once again from the comments...

Patrick J

03/07/12 09:36

This vulgar triumphalism is one of the many, many features of Romneyism that the rest of us find so unappealing. Celebrating your victories a year in advance, even writing books explaining how they "happened?" Aside from the extreme arrogance, it seems like tempting fate, which neither fate nor humanity ever reacts well to.(Snip)

Here is (one of) the problems many have with mitt, it just feels like he is being rammed down out throats.

Add that to the fact that I don't think he can beat Obama...I really don't.

Now I also don't know if Newt can either (given his really high negative numbers) but A. Newt can fight a battle of ideas with the One, and beat him like a drum & B. He is the only one who has spent years thinking/writing/speaking about the giant tidal wave of sh*t coming our way....and it is coming and soon.

Draggingtree

edited by clearvision to add source link: Wall Builders by David Barton

America’s Most Biblically Hostile U. S. President

When one observes President Obama’s unwillingness to accommodate America ’s four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.

Listed below in chronological order are (1) numerous records of his attacks on Biblical persons or organizations; (2) examples of the hostility toward Biblical faith that have become evident in the past three years in the Obama-led military; (3) a listing of his open attacks on Biblical values; and finally (4) a listing of numerous incidents of his preferential deference for Islam’s activities and positions, including letting his Islamic advisers guide and influence his hostility toward people of Biblical faith.

1. Acts of hostility toward people of Biblical faith:

April 2008 – Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren't like them” 1

February 2009 – Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011. 2

April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University , Obama orders that a monogram symbolizing Jesus' name be covered when he is making his speech. 3

May 2009 – Obama declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House. 4

April 2009 – In a deliberate act of disrespect, Obama nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican ; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three. 5

October 19, 2010 – Obama begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions. 6

November 2010 – Obama misquotes the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law. 7

January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court. 8

February 2011 – Although he filled posts in the State Department, for more than two years Obama did not fill the post of religious freedom ambassador, an official that works against religious persecution across the world; he filled it only after heavy pressure from the public and from Congress. 9

April 2011 – For the first time in American history, Obama urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring. 10

To be continued

@Draggingtree

Edited by clearvision
This is original source from a blogger. I added a link, please link all source articles. Also please do not post more of this author's text. The link is suffient unless you have Author's permission to repost. Thanks

Obama To Push $10K Instant Tax Credit For Chevy Volt’s During Speech In NC…

Are you having a hard time convincing yourself to buy a Chevy Volt? Perhaps a $10,000 instant tax credit will change your mind.

According to a fact sheet sent to reporters today, President Obama will once again highlight a proposal to increase the tax credit for electric vehicles.

More importantly, the president will propose making that tax credit available as soon as you buy the vehicle.

Scissors-32x32.png

March 7, 2012

Democrats sign Bill Maher for fundraiser as Obama urges civility

Alabama’s Democratic Party has recruited controversial comedian Bill Maher to headline a fundraiser March 17, amid calls by President Barack Obama and other Democrats for greater civility in public debate.

Maher has donated $1 million to aid a superPAC that is aiding Obama’s re-election campaign. He is popular among Democrats, but is reviled by many GOP advocates for his frequent sexually-themed insults of Republican women.

Scissors-32x32.png

Are you having a hard time convincing yourself to buy a Chevy Volt? Perhaps a $10,000 instant tax credit will change your mind.

According to a fact sheet sent to reporters today, President Obama will once again highlight a proposal to increase the tax credit for electric vehicles.

More importantly, the president will propose making that tax credit available as soon as you buy the vehicle.

Scissors-32x32.png

I wonder what the other Car companies think about this?

Scissors-32x32.png

Their language would probably sound like one of raygun's posts.....dry.png

Scissors-32x32.png

I have a cartoon bubble chock full of 4 & 8 letter words.

Rush was talking about this today I believe...can we say campaign money laundering?

Scissors-32x32.png

I have a cartoon bubble chock full of 4 & 8 letter words.

Rush was talking about this today I believe...can we say campaign money laundering?

Yeah, that was interesting. I hope a lot of people were listening.

Yes, yes we can.

Yeah, that was interesting. I hope a lot of people were listening.

Only those of us in the misogynist community....with of course a sprinkling of racists islamaphobes homophobes and people who don't use their turn signal.

Tip Sheet: 43% Want New Candidate to Enter GOP Race

Daniel Doherty

3/7/12

As Guy explained last night, the results from Super Tuesday indicate that Mitt Romney will be the 2012 Republican nominee. After evaluating the numbers, it seems evident that the path to the nomination for both Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich will be tremendously difficult, if not impossible. And since Ron Paul has yet to win one primary or state caucus (though he has picked up a handful delegates), his prospects are looking bleak, as well. That said, while Mitt Romney pats himself on the back for squeezing out a razor-thin win in the Buckeye State on Tuesday, a new Gallup poll shows that a plurality of voters have less confidence in the Republican hopefuls today than they did a month ago.

(Snip)

WestVirginiaRebel

How math virtually guarantees Romney's nomination

If Romney were to stumble and win only a third of the delegates in the remaining states, Santorum would have to win more than half of all the delegates in order to pull ahead, meaning that Gingrich and Paul together would have to be held below 16 percent. To date, not even counting Romney's blowout in Massachusetts, Romney has won nearly half of the delegates while Santorum has won about one-fourth. That means the only path to Romney losing is Santorum doubling his past haul, while Romney dropping by about 70 percent. That's not likely.

Barring some disaster, Romney's worst-case scenario is that he finishes first, but a bit short of the 1,144-delegate absolute majority, thus needing to pick up a handful of Santorum, Paul or Gingrich delegates. That would not be a pretty way to win, but it would be a win.

Draggingtree

Rules For Republicans,

elephant.gif

Lessons From Obama's Playbook

From Lisa Spiller and Jeff Bergner

Rule 1: Define your "big idea." What is the overarching theme of your campaign? What is the first thing you want people to think and say about you? What do you stand for? What does your candidacy mean?

Rule 2: Sell your benefits, not your features. Electoral success is not a reward for past services rendered; it is about promises for the future.

Rule 3: Do not dilute your positions to win over middle-of-the roaders. If that worked, the moderate John McCain would have defeated Ronald Reagan. You will never win the presidency by being the lesser of two evils; you have to attract voters to win. Boldness, directness, and honesty will trump subtlety and nuance every time.

Rule 4: Do not let the Obama campaign brand you. Brand him. Your campaign must clearly shape the choices for the American voter. If you do not, the Obama campaign will do it for you - to your detriment. You must relentlessly advance your own brand, and you must relentlessly aim to brand President Obama. If you are not on the offensive, you will be on the defensive.

Rule 5: Locate your campaign headquarters outside of Washington, D.C. You will be running against Washington. This may seem obvious -- though somehow it wasn't to the Clinton or McCain campaigns in 2008.

Rule 6: Develop an electoral strategy with multiple avenues to success. You can't take for granted the states that John McCain carried in 2008, but you can reasonably expect to win them. The 2012 election will be all about the same 16 "battleground states" it was in 2008Scissors-32x32.pnghope you take the time and read all 10 rules elephant.gif

Texas Conservative Review

pollyannaish

Uhm....what? This made me laugh.

gallery_8_26_4456.jpg

The Kitchen Cabinet posted it on their Facebook page with the caption "Newt must know his "homies" in the Southern States better than we think! This, while campaigning in Alabama!"

Draggingtree

http://www.buzzfeed....not-for-g#HTWF2

Rove: Palin Endorsement “Not Worth Snot” For Gingrich

He was briefing Barclays employees and clients on the state of the race. posted Mar 7, 2012 3:15pm EST

Zeke Miller

Karl Rove mockingly dismissed the value of Sarah and Todd Palin's endorsements on a private conference call today, noting that their backing of Newt Gingrich in Alaska "demonstrated that endorsements don’t mean snot."

BuzzFeed obtained the dial-in information for the conference call with Barclays Capital clients and employees, in which Rove outlined the state of the Republican race for the presidency and the path forward for the candidates.

It’s no secret that Rove, who orchestrated President George W. Bush’s presidential wins, is no fan of the Palins, and has repeatedly sparred over with the former Alaska Governor since she entered the national political scene in 2008.

Rove criticized Palin for being hyper-sensitive to criticism last year, saying she’d need to get a “a slightly thicker skin” if she wanted to run for president. In 2008 he called her selection as John McCain's running mate a political decision, as opposed to a decision to be best prepared to govern.

Rove also said on the call that he expects Democrats to hold the Senate, and that Newt Gingrich is on the brink of becoming "irrelevant" to the presidential race.

WestVirginiaRebel

Mitt Romney Discovers Southern Cuisine

Entering the region as an underdog against Rick Santorum, Romney first deployed his Southern version during a Wednesday afternoon visit to Pascagoula, Miss., blending stump pitches on energy and the military with a shout-out to campaign aide Garrett Jackson, a 2009 Ole Miss grad, who he travels with “more than my wife.”

“He’s now turning me into an, I don’t know, an unofficial Southerner,” Romney said in front of several giant oil-drilling rig platforms sitting at the port. “I’m learning to say ‘y’all.’ I like grits. Things are, strange things, are happening to me.”

On cue, Romney kept the Southern shtick going Thursday morning at a town hall-style rally in Jackson, Miss. Standing next to Gov. Phil Bryant, a recent endorser who’s from one of the most conservative counties in the state, Romney opened with a local salute.

“The governor said I had to say it right: Mornin’ y’all. Good to be with you,” Romney bantered. “I got started right this morning with a biscuit and some cheesy grits. I’ll tell you! Delicious.”

At least he's not deliberately trying to fake it: