Coffee Shop

Rheo

gallery_3_6_6541.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news and the candidates, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. wink.gif

Previous Thread

George W. Bush impersonator Steve Bridges dies at 48

Steve Bridges, 48, a comic actor and impersonator who was best known for his mimicry of President George W. Bush and appeared alongside the chief executive at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Assn. dinner, was found dead Saturday at his home in Los Angeles.

Bridges had recently returned home from China, where he had been performing, said his brother Phillip. He appeared to have died of natural causes. An an autopsy is scheduled, but the Los Angeles County coroner's office said foul play was not suspected.

Scissors-32x32.png

Inside the politics of Obama graduation speeches

Scissors-32x32.png

This year, we now know, one of his speeches will be at Barnard College, the women's college of Columbia University. Obama's aides invited him to speak at Barnard, according to the school's president, Debora Spar, because they said, "As the father of two daughters, President Obama wanted to speak to some of America’s next generation of women leaders.”

Scissors-32x32.png

The amazing irony in this Obama decision, which gets glossed over, is that by inviting himself to speak to the graduating young ladies about the exciting life and opportunities he's helping to shape for them in this country, this man forced Barnard to un-invite its already scheduled commencement speaker.

That scheduled speaker was an accomplished woman, Jill Abramson, the new executive editor of the New York Times and the very first woman to head that institution in its 160 years.

After all, who wouldn't rather hear from a campaigning male politician about what he's diligently doing to help women instead of from a pioneering woman in journalism who's been successfully practicing the craft on her own since the man bumping her out as speaker was a mere sixth grader?

New York Imam Starts Campaign To Make “Prophet” Mohammed’s Birthday A National Holiday…

A Jackson Heights imam has started a campaign to make April 26, the birthday of the Prophet Mohammad, a national holiday.

Mohd Qayyoom, head of the Muhammadi Community Center, at 37-46 72nd St., said he believes having a national celebration for the prophet’s birthday would enable the growing Muslim population in America to have an annual celebration and would foster a spirit of cooperation with those of other faiths.

“We’ll give the message of peace, we’ll give the message of interfaith harmony,” Qayyoom said.

Scissors-32x32.png

Liberal Radio Host Mocks Tornado Victims Because They Live In The Bible Belt: “Their God Keeps Smashing Them Into Little Grease Spots”…

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma. You know, the Bible belt, where they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about twenty people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Mike Malloy.

MSNBC's Maddow Tells Wild Lefty Mike Malloy: 'We All Love You for Your Dark Thoughts'

01/2010

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow took time out of her busy schedule to appear on the radio show of radical leftist Mike Malloy's radio show on January 12. Malloy showered Maddow with praise about how she was simply the best on the tube. Maddow returned the favor with this jaw-dropper:

"I love your dark thoughts. We all love you for your dark thoughts."

(Audio here.) So Maddow suggested she deeply loves hateful talk niblets like these:

1. "The Republican Party needs to be executed as quickly as possible."

2. "I have a good news to report. Glenn Beck appears closer to suicide -- I'm hoping that he does it on camera."

3. "Cheney, by the way looks very ruddy; I couldn't get over that like he must have feasted on a Jewish baby, or a Muslim baby....that's what somebody like Cheney does to get that ruddy look."

4. "I hope he [Limbaugh] keeps going, because that means he will soon croak. Like I said, eventually, he will choke to death on his own throat fat."

5. "Rush Limbaugh is a bigger threat to this country than Osama bin Laden....Why isn't he arrested and sentenced for treason?"

6. "I used to have violence fantasies about Scott McClellan...All those feelings are being shifted now to Dana Perino, violence fantasies."

7. "Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce."

8. On mild-mannered Fred Barnes: "This guy is beyond crazy. I'm sure he eats children's arms and legs for afternoon snacks. This guy is insane."

9. He saw a GOP conspiracy at the almost-bombing in Detroit on Christmas: "The idea of killing 200 to 300 people on a jetliner in order to make the point is nothing. It means nothing....My gut feeling is this was deliberate, this was deliberately done in order to put the Obama Administration in such a vice grip, that it's impossible to get anything done, to raise so much fear, this is what Republicans do, this is what they do."

Scissors-32x32.png

Liberal Radio Host Mocks Tornado Victims Because They Live In The Bible Belt: “Their God Keeps Smashing Them Into Little Grease Spots”…

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma. You know, the Bible belt, where they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about twenty people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Mike Malloy.

@Rheo

Andrew was right when he said there is no getting along with these people.

He was. And two very different standards. spit and hiss.

@Rheo

Andrew was right when he said there is no getting along with these people.

He was. And two very different standards. spit and hiss.

I eagerly await the outrage from the left on this.

Chevy Volt named European car of the year. blink.png

...and it was Motor Trend magazine's 2011 car of the year here in the U.S.!!

Former Clinton counsel Lanny Davis joins Dilworth Paxson

A former White House counsel to President Clinton has joined the law firm Dilworth Paxson as special counsel, the firm announced Monday.

Lanny Davis’s strategic communications firm, Purple Nation Solutions, and his law firm, Lanny J. Davis & Associates, will “work closely” with the Dilworth team, according to a statement.

“I am pleased to bring my experience in strategic crisis management acting as an attorney, with attorney-client privilege, to Dilworth,” Davis said in a statement.

Dilworth Paxson adds first immigration lawyer, partners

January 2012

Washington-based Rana Jazayerli, who previously operated her own firm, will serve as chairwoman of the new practice. She represents employers seeking to hire foreign nationals under immigrant or temporary non-immigrant visa categories, and specializes in representing clients seeking immigration to the United States through investment under the EB-5 Immigrant Investor visa program.

Meanwhile, Sherry Lowe Johnson, who was a partner at Trevose-based Lamm Rubenstone, will join Dilworth’s Philadelphia office as a member of the banking/financial services and labor and employment groups. She represents financial institutions and equipment leasing companies regarding troubled loans and leases. She also represents financial institutions in bankruptcy matters and companies on employment matters, including employment litigation, policy, and handbook drafting and training.

Marc J. Weinstein will be a partner in the litigation department. The white-collar defense lawyer was an associate at Ballard Spahr. Like Lowe Johnson, he will also be based in Philadelphia.

---

Not sure why I posted this. Just looking to see what might be up.

Occupy AIPAC Graffiti: “Victory To The Taliban,” “Victory To Hamas”…

Graffiti reading “Victory to the Taliban,” “Victory to Hamas” and the word “Jihad” written inside a rocket appeared overnight on sidewalks outside the downtown Washington, D.C. convention center where President Barack Obama spoke to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) Sunday.

A trail of graffiti down 7th Street between K and N Streets included the image of a rocket flying through the air with the word “Qassam.” Named after a militant 20th-century Syrian preacher, a Qassam is a rocket preferred by the military arm of Hamas to hit Israeli targets.

Scissors-32x32.png

censored.gif

Obama administration hires lobbyist it attacked in 2008

Made millions lobbying for Fannie Mae, General Motors

The Obama administration has hired former lobbyist Steve Ricchetti to serve as counselor to Vice President Joe Biden, Politico’s Mike Allen reports.

Ricchetti, who served as deputy chief of staff under President Bill Clinton, was a registered federal lobbyist for nearly a decade. In 2001, he founded Ricchetti, Inc., described as “one of the most successful and respected boutique government relations firms in Washington.”

Ricchetti’s firm made millions lobbying on behalf of clients such as Fannie Mae and General Motors, both of which have been on the receiving end of taxpayer-funded bailouts.

Biden’s office, in a release announcing the hire, applauded Ricchetti’s extensive experience in “public service, business and political life,” which included “10 years at the helm of an independent public affairs firm.”

Given the critical stance taken by the Obama-Biden campaign in 2008—against lobbyists in general, and Ricchetti in particular—the hiring has raised eyebrows.

“I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over,” Obama said on Nov. 10, 2007 in Des Moines, Iowa. “They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president.”

Scissors-32x32.png

YOU LIE!

Trailer: 'Hating Breitbart' (explicit version)

Media Research Center

This is a trailer for the the soon-to-be-released motion picture titled 'Hating Breitbart' which is due out this year.

The filmmakers followed Andrew Breitbart since the birth of the Tea Party movement in 2009, and they've got behind-the-scenes access to many of the media controversies in which Breitbart was a key player--from the ACORN takedown to Congressman Anthony Weiner's crotch-shot Twitter scandal

Meet Obama’s Gay Transgender Prostitute Nanny From Indonesia…

Barack Obama’s former nanny has been revealed as a gay transgender man who made the future president laugh by trying on his mother’s lipstick.

‘Evie’ cared for the boy she called Barry when his mother Ann Dunham moved to the Indonesian capital of Jakarta in the late 1960s.

Openly gay, she would leave the house dressed in full drag – but was very careful that Barack never saw her.

‘He was so young and I never let him see me wearing women’s clothes,’ Evie said. ‘But he did see me trying on his mother’s lipstick, sometimes. That used to really crack him up.’

The nanny, who turned to prostitution after the family left and now lives in a slum, met the future commander-in-chief’s mother at a cocktail party in 1969.

Dunham, who had moved to the country two years earlier with her second husband Lolo Soetoro, sampled Evie’s beef steak and fried rice and was so impressed that she offered her a job.

It did not take long before she was also eight-year-old Barack’s carer, playing with him and bringing him to and from school.

But when the family left in the early 1970s, things started going downhill. Evie moved in with a boyfriend. That relationship ended three years later, and she became a sex worker.

Scissors-32x32.png

Several longtime residents of Obama's old Menteng neighbourhood confirmed Turdi had worked there as Barack's nanny for two years, also caring for his baby sister Maya.

And then she met Obama's mother. Evie now seeks solace in religion, going regularly to the mosque and praying five times a day. She said she is just waiting to die.

She added that she did not know the boy she helped raise won the 2008 U.S. presidential election until she saw a picture of the family in local newspapers and on TV. She blurted out that she knew him.

Scissors-32x32.png

Poll: Wisconsin Voters Now Oppose Walker Recall By 11-Point Margin

Scissors-32x32.png

Fifty-four percent of Wisconsinites oppose the recall of Gov. Scott Walker, according to the most recent polling data from Rasmussen Reports. In a phone survey of 500 likely voters, Rasmussen also said 52% at least somewhat approve of Walker’s job performance to date, while 46% at least somewhat disapprove. The findings include 40% who strongly approve and 40% who strongly disapprove. By party, the poll revealed that 78% of Republican voters strongly approve of Walker’s performance and 73% of Democrats strongly disapprove.

Among voters not affiliated with either major party, 58% at least somewhat approve of Walker’s performance, including 36% who strongly approve. Forty-three percent say they would vote to recall Walker and remove him from office, but 54% would vote against recall; 80% of the state’s Democratic voters would vote to remove Walker, but 89% of Republicans and 58% of unaffiliated voters would oppose that recall.

Scissors-32x32.png

WestVirginiaRebel

Pat Robertson: If ‘Enough People Were Praying,’ God Would Have Stopped The Tornadoes

During an episode on The 700 Club, Robertson questioned why people would knowingly live in tornado-prone areas to begin with. “Why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?” he asked. Then, when asked about people wondering why God didn’t intervene during such a tragic disaster, Robertson responded, “If enough people were praying, [God] would intervene. You could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you could still storms.”

Here we go again...wacko.png