- - - - -
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Posted Image
Join us daily to chat about news and the candidates, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.
This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. Posted Image

Previous Thread

#2 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

George W. Bush impersonator Steve Bridges dies at 48

Steve Bridges, 48, a comic actor and impersonator who was best known for his mimicry of President George W. Bush and appeared alongside the chief executive at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Assn. dinner, was found dead Saturday at his home in Los Angeles.

Bridges had recently returned home from China, where he had been performing, said his brother Phillip. He appeared to have died of natural causes. An an autopsy is scheduled, but the Los Angeles County coroner's office said foul play was not suspected.
Posted Image

#3 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Inside the politics of Obama graduation speeches
Posted Image
This year, we now know, one of his speeches will be at Barnard College, the women's college of Columbia University. Obama's aides invited him to speak at Barnard, according to the school's president, Debora Spar, because they said, "As the father of two daughters, President Obama wanted to speak to some of America’s next generation of women leaders.”
Posted Image

The amazing irony in this Obama decision, which gets glossed over, is that by inviting himself to speak to the graduating young ladies about the exciting life and opportunities he's helping to shape for them in this country, this man forced Barnard to un-invite its already scheduled commencement speaker.

That scheduled speaker was an accomplished woman, Jill Abramson, the new executive editor of the New York Times and the very first woman to head that institution in its 160 years.

After all, who wouldn't rather hear from a campaigning male politician about what he's diligently doing to help women instead of from a pioneering woman in journalism who's been successfully practicing the craft on her own since the man bumping her out as speaker was a mere sixth grader?

#4 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

New York Imam Starts Campaign To Make “Prophet” Mohammed’s Birthday A National Holiday…

A Jackson Heights imam has started a campaign to make April 26, the birthday of the Prophet Mohammad, a national holiday.

Mohd Qayyoom, head of the Muhammadi Community Center, at 37-46 72nd St., said he believes having a national celebration for the prophet’s birthday would enable the growing Muslim population in America to have an annual celebration and would foster a spirit of cooperation with those of other faiths.

“We’ll give the message of peace, we’ll give the message of interfaith harmony,” Qayyoom said.
Posted Image

#5 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Liberal Radio Host Mocks Tornado Victims Because They Live In The Bible Belt: “Their God Keeps Smashing Them Into Little Grease Spots”…

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma. You know, the Bible belt, where they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about twenty people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Mike Malloy.

#6 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

MSNBC's Maddow Tells Wild Lefty Mike Malloy: 'We All Love You for Your Dark Thoughts'
01/2010

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow took time out of her busy schedule to appear on the radio show of radical leftist Mike Malloy's radio show on January 12. Malloy showered Maddow with praise about how she was simply the best on the tube. Maddow returned the favor with this jaw-dropper:

"I love your dark thoughts. We all love you for your dark thoughts."

(Audio here.) So Maddow suggested she deeply loves hateful talk niblets like these:

1. "The Republican Party needs to be executed as quickly as possible."
2. "I have a good news to report. Glenn Beck appears closer to suicide -- I'm hoping that he does it on camera."
3. "Cheney, by the way looks very ruddy; I couldn't get over that like he must have feasted on a Jewish baby, or a Muslim baby....that's what somebody like Cheney does to get that ruddy look."
4. "I hope he [Limbaugh] keeps going, because that means he will soon croak. Like I said, eventually, he will choke to death on his own throat fat."
5. "Rush Limbaugh is a bigger threat to this country than Osama bin Laden....Why isn't he arrested and sentenced for treason?"
6. "I used to have violence fantasies about Scott McClellan...All those feelings are being shifted now to Dana Perino, violence fantasies."
7. "Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce."
8. On mild-mannered Fred Barnes: "This guy is beyond crazy. I'm sure he eats children's arms and legs for afternoon snacks. This guy is insane."
9. He saw a GOP conspiracy at the almost-bombing in Detroit on Christmas: "The idea of killing 200 to 300 people on a jetliner in order to make the point is nothing. It means nothing....My gut feeling is this was deliberate, this was deliberately done in order to put the Obama Administration in such a vice grip, that it's impossible to get anything done, to raise so much fear, this is what Republicans do, this is what they do."
Posted Image

#7 Valin

• Board Member
  • 34,728 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Liberal Radio Host Mocks Tornado Victims Because They Live In The Bible Belt: “Their God Keeps Smashing Them Into Little Grease Spots”…

“Their God … keeps smashing them into little grease spots on the pavement in Alabama, and Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Georgia, and Oklahoma. You know, the Bible belt, where they ain’t gonna let no goddamned science get in the way, it says in the Bible, blah blah blah blah. So, according to their way of thinking, God with his omnipotent thumb reaches down here and so far tonight has smashed about twenty people into a grease spot on highway 12, or whatever the hell highway they live next to.”

Mike Malloy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hU4pVaV4g

#8 Valin

• Board Member
  • 34,728 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Rheo

Andrew was right when he said there is no getting along with these people.

#9 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Rheo

He was. And two very different standards. spit and hiss.

#10 Valin

• Board Member
  • 34,728 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Rheo

He was. And two very different standards. spit and hiss.

I eagerly await the outrage from the left on this.

#11 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

#12 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Chevy Volt named European car of the year. Posted Image

#13 RandyM

• Members
  • 950 posts
  • Georgia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Chevy Volt named European car of the year. Posted Image

...and it was Motor Trend magazine's 2011 car of the year here in the U.S.!!

#14 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Colorado Supreme Court affirms that CU students can carry licensed guns on campus

#15 Pepper

• Members
  • 12,177 posts
  • United States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Belarus President: 'Better to be a dictator than gay'

Our ManChild has one down and is working on the other....

#16 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Former Clinton counsel Lanny Davis joins Dilworth Paxson
A former White House counsel to President Clinton has joined the law firm Dilworth Paxson as special counsel, the firm announced Monday.
Lanny Davis’s strategic communications firm, Purple Nation Solutions, and his law firm, Lanny J. Davis & Associates, will “work closely” with the Dilworth team, according to a statement.

“I am pleased to bring my experience in strategic crisis management acting as an attorney, with attorney-client privilege, to Dilworth,” Davis said in a statement.

Dilworth Paxson adds first immigration lawyer, partners
January 2012

Washington-based Rana Jazayerli, who previously operated her own firm, will serve as chairwoman of the new practice. She represents employers seeking to hire foreign nationals under immigrant or temporary non-immigrant visa categories, and specializes in representing clients seeking immigration to the United States through investment under the EB-5 Immigrant Investor visa program.

Meanwhile, Sherry Lowe Johnson, who was a partner at Trevose-based Lamm Rubenstone, will join Dilworth’s Philadelphia office as a member of the banking/financial services and labor and employment groups. She represents financial institutions and equipment leasing companies regarding troubled loans and leases. She also represents financial institutions in bankruptcy matters and companies on employment matters, including employment litigation, policy, and handbook drafting and training.

Marc J. Weinstein will be a partner in the litigation department. The white-collar defense lawyer was an associate at Ballard Spahr. Like Lowe Johnson, he will also be based in Philadelphia.
---
Not sure why I posted this. Just looking to see what might be up.

#17 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

The White House announced the Group of Eight summit will take place in Camp David instead of Chicago.

The summit was originally going to take place in Chicago, President Obama's hometown, alongside an upcoming NATO summit. In the announcement, White House press secretary Jay Carney said that the NATO meeting would still take place in Chicago.
Posted Image

#18 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Occupy AIPAC Graffiti: “Victory To The Taliban,” “Victory To Hamas”…

Graffiti reading “Victory to the Taliban,” “Victory to Hamas” and the word “Jihad” written inside a rocket appeared overnight on sidewalks outside the downtown Washington, D.C. convention center where President Barack Obama spoke to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) Sunday.
A trail of graffiti down 7th Street between K and N Streets included the image of a rocket flying through the air with the word “Qassam.” Named after a militant 20th-century Syrian preacher, a Qassam is a rocket preferred by the military arm of Hamas to hit Israeli targets.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Obama administration hires lobbyist it attacked in 2008
Made millions lobbying for Fannie Mae, General Motors

The Obama administration has hired former lobbyist Steve Ricchetti to serve as counselor to Vice President Joe Biden, Politico’s Mike Allen reports.

Ricchetti, who served as deputy chief of staff under President Bill Clinton, was a registered federal lobbyist for nearly a decade. In 2001, he founded Ricchetti, Inc., described as “one of the most successful and respected boutique government relations firms in Washington.”

Ricchetti’s firm made millions lobbying on behalf of clients such as Fannie Mae and General Motors, both of which have been on the receiving end of taxpayer-funded bailouts.
Biden’s office, in a release announcing the hire, applauded Ricchetti’s extensive experience in “public service, business and political life,” which included “10 years at the helm of an independent public affairs firm.”

Given the critical stance taken by the Obama-Biden campaign in 2008—against lobbyists in general, and Ricchetti in particular—the hiring has raised eyebrows.

“I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over,” Obama said on Nov. 10, 2007 in Des Moines, Iowa. “They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president.”
Posted Image

YOU LIE!

#20 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,547 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Trailer: 'Hating Breitbart' (explicit version)
Media Research Center

This is a trailer for the the soon-to-be-released motion picture titled 'Hating Breitbart' which is due out this year.

The filmmakers followed Andrew Breitbart since the birth of the Tea Party movement in 2009, and they've got behind-the-scenes access to many of the media controversies in which Breitbart was a key player--from the ACORN takedown to Congressman Anthony Weiner's crotch-shot Twitter scandal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users