* * * * * 1 votes
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#1 WestVirginiaRebel

• Members
  • 9,466 posts
  • West Virginia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Breitbart:
WASHINGTON (AP) - Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh apologized Saturday to a Georgetown University law student he had branded a "slut" and "prostitute" after fellow Republicans as well as Democrats criticized him and several advertisers left his program.
The student, Sandra Fluke, had testified to congressional Democrats that she wanted her college health plan to cover her birth control.
"My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir," Limbaugh said on his website. "I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."
Fluke had been invited to testify to a House committee about her school's health care plan that does not include contraception. Republican lawmakers barred her from testifying during that hearing, but Democrats invited her back and she spoke to the Democratic lawmakers at an unofficial session.
President Barack Obama, whose landmark health care overhaul requires many institutions to provide birth control coverage, telephoned her from the Oval Office on Friday to express his support.
The issue has been much debated in the presidential race, with Republican candidates particularly criticizing the Obama plan's requirements on such employers as Catholic hospitals. Democrats—and many Republican leaders, too—have suggested the issue could energize women to vote for Obama and other Democrats in November.
Limbaugh was not swayed by Fluke's statements before the House panel.
He said on Wednesday, "What does it say about the college coed ... who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex."
He dug in a day later, refusing to give ground.
"If we're going to have to pay for this, then we want something in return, Ms. Fluke," Limbaugh said. "And that would be the videos of all this sex posted online so we can see what we're getting for our money."
He also asked the 30-year-old Fluke: "Who bought your condoms in junior high?"
And on Friday, still defiant, Limbaugh scoffed at the Democrats' talk of a conservative "war on women."
"Amazingly, when there is the slightest bit of opposition to this new welfare entitlement being created, then all of a sudden we hate women. We want `em barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen," he said. "And now, at the end of this week, I am the person that the women of America are to fear the most."
Some advertisers began pulling sponsorship of Limbaugh's show and Republicans distanced themselves from the comments..
By Saturday evening, Limbaugh decided to yield.
"For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week," Limbaugh said in his statement. "In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."
But he also said the entire debate was "absolutely absurd."
"In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom, nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a presidential level," he said.
________

Unfortunately, thanks to the Mandater-in-Chief, it has,,,

#2 Rokke

• Members
  • 10,416 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Stupid word choices. Even stupider decision to apologize. How could he not understand that the only way to make the entire issue a net loss was to apologize?

#3 nickydog

• Members
  • 11,716 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Advertisers backing out of his show?

#4 Rokke

• Members
  • 10,416 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Happens all the time. Frequently, it backfires on the advertisers. Afterall, they pick their show based on the projected audience. Personally, I plan on boycotting any advertiser that drops its advertising from Rush's show. They can go advertise on MSNBC. But wait a minute...if there was a market on MSNBC, they probably would be advertising there instead of on Rush's show.

#5 righteousmomma

• Board Member
  • 5,655 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Rush is apologizing and laughing all the way to the bank. This is about the most dufus issue we have had. Thank you Rush for bringing society's total lack of morals and standards and common sense to attention and for exposing the liberals for the faux moralists and hypocrites they are..

#6 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Happens all the time. Frequently, it backfires on the advertisers. Afterall, they pick their show based on the projected audience. Personally, I plan on boycotting any advertiser that drops its advertising from Rush's show. They can go advertise on MSNBC. But wait a minute...if there was a market on MSNBC, they probably would be advertising there instead of on Rush's show.

Quicken Loans,
mattress retailers Sleep Train and Sleep Number,
software maker Citrix Systems Inc.,
online data backup service provider Carbonite
and online legal document services company LegalZoom.
ProFlowers

#7 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

AOL, the parent company of The Huffington Post, has become the eighth advertiser to pulls its money from Rush Limbaugh's syndicated radio program since he called Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke, who spoke out in favor of contraception coverage, a "slut" and a "prostitute" last week.Posted Image

#8 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Rush.

What we are going to do is replace those advertisers that wanted access to you, but pulled. (paraphrase)

#9 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

freddoso@freddoso
Rush says he turns down a lot of advertisers, and predicts he'll replace those departed without much difficulty.

#10 Pepper

• Members
  • 11,990 posts
  • United States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Quicken Loans, Sleep Train and Sleep Number, Citrix Systems Inc., Carbonite, LegalZoom. ProFlower

Rheo
No loss here. I didn't use any of them. There are also many alternatives.

#11 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Last Sleep number bed we got was a piece of crap. Proflowers are deceitful in their pricing/shipping charges.
Who still uses AOL?Posted Image

#12 clearvision

• Board Member
  • 14,169 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Last Sleep number bed we got was a piece of crap. Proflowers are deceitful in their pricing/shipping charges.

No offense to the dozen or so members here that still use AOL....Posted Image

#13 Pepper

• Members
  • 11,990 posts
  • United States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Crashplan is just one alternative to Carbonite

And data backed up to an external hard drive and stored in a bank vault is even cheaper.

#14 Pepper

• Members
  • 11,990 posts
  • United States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

"Sandra Fluk"

Just now

:)

#15 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Rally for Rush
by Jeffrey Lord
Posted Image

• Carbonite: OK. Now we'll talk Carbonite. And about Mr. McLaughlin of Sleep Number. And two of the co-founders of Legal Zoom.

Carbonite's statement was especially and curiously unctuous, its withdrawal of sponsorship coming as it did after Rush's apology. Here is Carbonite's CEO David Friend:

So when you cross check Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston with the Federal Election Commission, one finds -- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocker!……… that a Mr. David Friend of Orchid Partners in Boston has been a contributor to… ready? Here's the list of just where David Friend spends his political money:

MoveOn.org, America Coming Together and Democracy for America, all three listed here as George Soros funded groups, the latter set up by Howard Dean. Texans for Truth also drew Mr. Friend's support. This group, according to Wikipedia, was set up by MoveOn.org spin-off Drive Democracy.org in 2004. Why? To… wait for it… challenge then-President Bush's service in the Texas National Guard. The precise same stunt for which CBS fired Dan Rather after documents were discovered to have been forged.

The Bush-Cheney campaign said of Texans for Truth that it was "a smear group launching baseless attacks on behalf of John Kerry's campaign that will be rejected by the American people." They were. But that didn't quench Mr. Friend's affection for either the smear campaign or supporting leftist candidates such as Howard Dean, and John Kerry.
Posted Image
And oh yes, Mr. Friend isn't the only Rush-drop out whose leftist connections are suspect in this episode. Sleep Number's CEO Bill McLaughlin, Sleep Number being a product of a company called Select Comforter? That appears to be the same "William McLaughlin" who identified himself to the FEC as being with Select Comforter of Minneapolis -- when he contributed to the same Soros-funded "America Coming Together" as Mr. Friend.

And how about two of the four guys running Legal Zoom? Mr. Brian Liu is recorded as giving tens of thousands of dollars to two Obama campaign outlets, including the Obama Victory Fund 2012. Brian Lee gives his bucks to the Democratic National Committee Services Corporation. Did I mention Mark Templeton of Citrix gave Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign $2,300?

#16 nickydog

• Members
  • 11,716 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

No offense to the dozen or so members here that still use AOL....Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,381 posts
  • Texas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Furious liberals demand FCC silence Limbaugh

Furious Democrat activists are working to silence Rush Limbaugh for good, calling on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to pull his radio show off the air.
An activist on signon.org is collecting signatures in support of a petition to FCC to, "remove Mr. Limbaugh from the radio as he has violated FCC rules and regulations countless times. The most recent incident being his assault on women and his degradation of Sandra Fluke." The petition is circulating on Facebook and Twitter and on Democrat message boards.

Signon.org is an online service provided by MoveOn.org and has already gathered over 6,000 supporters. The petition organizer, "T. Turner," has promised to print off and send the petition to the FCC on March 7th, and is looking to get over 10,000 signatures.
Posted Image

#18 Pepper

• Members
  • 11,990 posts
  • United States

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Rheo, clearvision

The AOL browser has gone through many evolutions. These photos are from the Browser Museum.

Posted Image

AOL first had a somewhat useful browser. Many people grew up thinking it was the only way to view the Internet.

Posted Image

Then they jazzed it up a bit becoming a monstrosity so difficult to navigate that a user could not find a link to get away from the interface and instead got coupon after coupon to HP ink cartridges.

Posted Image

Then more add-ons were added....

#19 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,110 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Furious liberals demand FCC silence Limbaugh

Furious Democrat activists are working to silence Rush Limbaugh for good, calling on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to pull his radio show off the air.
An activist on signon.org is collecting signatures in support of a petition to FCC to, "remove Mr. Limbaugh from the radio as he has violated FCC rules and regulations countless times. The most recent incident being his assault on women and his degradation of Sandra Fluke." The petition is circulating on Facebook and Twitter and on Democrat message boards.

Signon.org is an online service provided by MoveOn.org and has already gathered over 6,000 supporters. The petition organizer, "T. Turner," has promised to print off and send the petition to the FCC on March 7th, and is looking to get over 10,000 signatures.
Posted Image

We have to remember this the next time the left says something we on the right don't like....like sometime in the next 2 hours.

#20 Valin

• Board Member
  • 31,110 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Nothing shocks when anything goes
Hugh Hewitt
3/4/12

People of faith who want the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution affirmed ought, at a minimum, to uphold their faith in the process of conducting the public debate. For me that means having to try and argue as a Christian.

I fall short of that mark all the time. We all do, and when we do we need to give the appropriate apology and get back to the debate, as I have done before and as Rush did this past weekend.

Part of that debate now entails asking where were all these pitchfork people when, to use just one example, the misogynist Bill Maher called Gov. Sarah Palin the worst of all terms a year ago? Let me check on the boycott of HBO sponsors from March 2011.

(Snip)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users