Coffee Shop

Rheo

Last night I was listening to the Baltimore City Police Department scanner online. (I lived in Baltimore for many years and am familiar with the areas they discuss.)

I heard one cop talking to his supervisor that he was sent to an apartment after the person's girlfriend had called to say she and her boyfriend had broken up. She said she had received an email from him that he didn't feel like living anymore. The cop said it was too late, that he had already shot himself in the temple and was DOA.

I thought how many guys, or maybe even girls, had made comments like that in an attempt to get back together? How many actually carried through with it? She must have been one heck of a lady. I wonder how the lady feels today?

Strange world ain't it?

Last night I was listening to the Baltimore City Police Department scanner online. (I lived in Baltimore for many years and am familiar with the areas they discuss.)

I heard one cop talking to his supervisor that he was sent to an apartment after the person's girlfriend had called to say she and her boyfriend had broken up. She said she had received an email from him that he didn't feel like living anymore. The cop said it was too late, that he had already shot himself in the temple and was DOA.

I thought how many guys, or maybe even girls, had made comments like that in an attempt to get back together? How many actually carried through with it? She must have been one heck of a lady. I wonder how the lady feels today?

Strange world ain't it?

Sad stories are all too common today... Most go unnoticed.

I listen to the local scanner sometimes and am shocked at the "stuff" that goes on within spitting distance of our neighborhood.

Obama Hires 'Inconvenient Truth' Director For Campaign Film About Him

By Noel Sheppard | February 25, 2012 | 17:05

Everyone expects much of Hollywood to do what it can to get Barack Obama reelected this November.

As Bloomberg reported Saturday, Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim - he of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" infamy - has been hired by the current White House resident to make another campaign film about him (photo courtesy Time.com):

Obama%20225.jpg

Obama’s re-election staff in Chicago spent $162,834 on the film last month, according to the January Federal Election Commission filing. Currently in post-production, the film focuses on the president’s first three years in office, according to a campaign official. [...]

In 2008, the filmmaker directed a biographical film about Obama for the Democratic National Convention. He also was involved in a 30-minute advertisement that the campaign ran on three major broadcast networks in the closing days before the election at a cost of more than $3 million.

Let's hope this is more factually accurate than Guggenheim's pathetic collaboration with Gore which had more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

Don't hold your breath.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/02/25/obama-hires-inconvenient-truth-director-campaign-film-about-him

Strange world ain't it?

I've known 2 people that have committed suicide. She probably still feels guilt and remorse that she missed the signs and sometimes, there aren't any..... and will until the day she dies.

I'm still angry after 30 years and 18 years. No one can truly know the despair of anothers soul.

From the movie, Act of Valor....can't wait to see it and what a beautiful song.

I took my son tonight. It was his first R rated movie. It was AWESOME. I highly recommend it. Great crowd and great overall message in the movie. No sex, no unecessary profanity. Plenty of violence but nothing unnecessarily gratuitous.

• Like 1

bls-emp-pop-ratio.jpg

This is a great illustration of what we are sensing about the economy and why it is so confusing when we hear "good economic news" and reductions in unemployment.

h/t HotAir via Ulsterman

I am finally catching up with Fox News Sunday. Mitch Daniels is on, making me wish his family would have let him make a different decision.

Mitt Romney was on and he did fine, but the air of desperation - not a desperate campaign, but desperate to connect. In fairness, if I had confidence in his money management skills and free market principles, I would not mind that he was not much of a political speaker.

• Like 1

I am finally catching up with Fox News Sunday. Mitch Daniels is on, making me wish his family would have let him make a different decision.

Mitt Romney was on and he did fine, but the air of desperation - not a desperate campaign, but desperate to connect. In fairness, if I had confidence in his money management skills and free market principles, I would not mind that he was not much of a political speaker.

That is exactly how I felt Save. I almost wanted to grab him by the shoulders, shake him and say... "Quit trying so hard. Just be yourself!" He reminds me very much of people who have always had to check what they say and think for fear of doing the wrong thing. To be authentic, you have to be consistent in what you say, think and do. If you don't, you come across as "holding back" and that makes people not trust you.

Openess means you may be disparaged or hurt, but people know where you are coming from and therefore trust you. President Bush was like that, and that was the reason he could win two terms and while unliked by many and not the best/clearest communicator in the world, people knew who he was.

• Like 2

@pollyannaish, I wonder if the voters in 2000 were tired of the hair splitting "it all depends what the definition of 'is' is". By 2004, the voters had a much different relationship with President Bush; it had become a partnership. That partnership unraveled with the immigration mania in 2005.

@saveliberty

In watching this discussion, I will also say that I would vote for Evan Bayh over Obama, even though he is on the wrong side of many issues for me. He is thoughtful and seemstrustworthy. (And I agree on Mitch Daniels.)

If he had run against Obama in a primary challenge, we would be looking at a very different race!

• Like 1

@pollyannaish, I am the wrong person to comment on that. Today I learned that someone we know is running for local election. Mom and another friend wondered about why he'd run and I told her that I write his name in when someone is running unopposed. :lol:

He needs a hobby, you see and I don't like to vote for someone without having a choice.

There is another gentleman that we know that is in a similar situation. When I need another name (because the selection says, pick two), I write his name in. :bag:

• Like 1

BTW I will be voting against him in the job he's running for because I really like the incumbent and the work that she is doing.

• Like 1

@pollyannaish, I wonder if the voters in 2000 were tired of the hair splitting "it all depends what the definition of 'is' is". By 2004, the voters had a much different relationship with President Bush; it had become a partnership. That partnership unraveled with the immigration mania in 2005.

I think so. I also believe that there are so many intangibles about people that we sense, but have a hard time articulating and they tend to influence our behaviors whether we want them to or not I think.

Anyway, one other thing that is interesting to me. The GOP primary rules this year are a HUGE difference from previous years and something we don't talk about very much. We talked a lot about the elites running a certain candidate in previous primaries, because well funded candidates could walk away with the nomination early.

We have a HUGE responsibility this year. If it doesn't work, and we can't agree on a candidate easily, they will rethink that strategy. And we'll go back to pushing forward the conventional wisdom candidate.

I'm glad its tougher...I hope that no matter which way it goes, they will wait at least two primaries before deciding to change the rules back. But we're going to have to prove ourselves wise. :/