Coffee Shop

Rheo

"Supporting those who do genuinely seek to reform Islam."

@Valin And who might that be?

In no particular order, and a very short incomplete list. They are out there unfortunately so many of them are not anti- American so the Left doesn't support them, and they are Muslims and so the Right doesn't either....and yes it is frustrating. Remember what the students in the Green Revolution were shouting while they were trying to bring down the mullahs...Allahu Akbar

Veena Malik

Mohammed VI King of Morocco

More can be found in these two books. I know this may come as a shock, that I have a book. biggrin.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U7HKNHMHVk

Abd Al-Hamid Al-Ansari Speaks out about one of the problems in the Arab world

[/media

This Koran-burning riot is spreading to other countries. It's not going to end well. I have to wonder if Iran is going to use it as an excuse to launch a nuclear warhead.

In fact, I can't help but wonder if they are behind it.

What a tinderbox.

At this point I don;t believe we can say they are behind this.

Will they and those they fund make use of it? Nah! That would never happen, and only an Islamiphobe would even think such scurrilous thought about these misunderstood societal/religious reformers.

Will Iran Use this? You Tell Me. biggrin.png

This Koran-burning riot is spreading to other countries. It's not going to end well. I have to wonder if Iran is going to use it as an excuse to launch a nuclear warhead.

What a tinderbox.

Will they and those they fund make use of it? Nah! That would never happen, and only an Islamiphobe would even think such scurrilous thought about these misunderstood societal/religious reformers.

You betcha. ;)

Sigh.

What a tinderbox.

You betcha. ;)

Sigh.

I can't tell how shocked I am....and for a very good reason.

Next up Mother Jones, Truth Dig, MMA, The Nation, CAIR

This is all George Bush's fault. If he had just left the Taliban in change none of this would have happened.

Racing for Israel at Daytona

Jonathan Neumann

If you’re watching the Daytona 500 – ‘‘The Great American Race’’ – this Sunday, look out for the No. 49 Robinson-Blakeney Toyota, sponsored by the non-profit, America-Israel Racing, and driven by J.J. Yeley, one of the top drivers in NASCAR.

Conceived last year by two Charlotte, N.C., men, America-Israel racing looks ‘‘to promote awareness of and support by Americans for Israel, the only true democracy in the Middle East’’ and hopes ‘‘to educate Americans on the importance [of] the United States’ relationship with Israel through exposure provided by one of the largest spectator sports in the world.’’

430545_235420739873892_223736114375688_545136_42800051_n.jpg

It may seem odd to make such a statement in sport – a realm often idealized as separate from politics. But it’s not about politics, they insist. And though advertising costs can run into the millions, they also note that it’s not a product they are trying to sell. Rather, ‘‘it’s a belief.’’ For probably the only televised sport where races are preceded by prayer, perhaps beliefs are appropriate.

(Snip)

Interesting. In my part of Washington state, the two groups running very negative ads against Santorum are a PAC supporting Newt and a PAC supporting Paul. They are not unfair, but very negative.

WestVirginiaRebel

"That’s the kind of balance you need," said Geithner. "Why is that the case? Because if you don't try to generate more revenues through tax reform, if you don't ask, you know, the most fortunate Americans to bear a slightly larger burden of the privilege of being an American, then you have to -- the only way to achieve fiscal sustainability is through unacceptably deep cuts in benefits for middle class seniors, or unacceptably deep cuts in national security

The comments made my head hurt worse than the article!

And......... yeah, the movie might be propaganda....... but it's GOOOOOOOOD propaganda!

Mpls (RED) Star Tribune: Real SEALs, but 'Act of Valor' is not the real deal

COLIN COVERT

(Snip)

The military players (whose identities are closely guarded by the Department of Defense and don't appear in the credits) are world-class experts at running with weapons, which is all that "Act of Valor" requires of them. They all have the same haircut, basic speech patterns, mannerisms and all-American attitude. It would have been good to make them vivid individuals easier to tell apart, but no such luck.....(Snip)

Un frigin real!!!

Hmmm. Sounds like a must see movie if heads are exploding (pun intended)

edited... is that really a pun, not sure.

Good guy killing bad guys...what not to like.

Although it would be better with free popcorn.

And......... yeah, the movie might be propaganda....... but it's GOOOOOOOOD propaganda!

COLIN COVERT

(Snip)

The military players (whose identities are closely guarded by the Department of Defense and don't appear in the credits) are world-class experts at running with weapons, which is all that "Act of Valor" requires of them. They all have the same haircut, basic speech patterns, mannerisms and all-American attitude. It would have been good to make them vivid individuals easier to tell apart, but no such luck.....(Snip)

Un frigin real!!!

What is so ironic is that the same moron who writes that drival probably sincerely believes he is WAY more well informed about EVERYTHING, than the average American.

Hmmm. Sounds like a must see movie if heads are exploding (pun intended)

edited... is that really a pun, not sure.

Good guy killing bad guys...what not to like.

Although it would be better with free popcorn.

I'm taking my son. I don't even care what it's rated.

COLIN COVERT

(Snip)

Un frigin real!!!

What is so ironic is that the same moron who writes that drival probably sincerely believes he is WAY more well informed about EVERYTHING, than the average American.

What Colin doesn't get is people will go to this movie, not to watch great acting, but to watch Good Guys Kill Bad Guys...and see what kind of men these are.

Jesse Ventura aims to get even with Navy SEAL in court

DAN BROWNING

2/24/12

"Scruff Face"?

Them's fighting words to Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Minnesota's controversial former governor and TV provocateur.

Ventura, whose real name is James Janos, recently filed a defamation lawsuit against Navy SEAL Chris Kyle over the portrayal of a bar fight Kyle claims they had six years ago in Coronado, Calif. Kyle wrote about the alleged incident in his recent memoir "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History."

Under the headline, "Punching Out Scruff Face," Kyle describes a confrontation with a "celebrity" who served in the military during the Vietnam War and who "most people seem to believe was a SEAL." He said Scruff Face winters in Baja California, opposed the war in Iraq and described the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks as a "conspiracy."

Though he didn't name Ventura, Kyle has since acknowledged that Scruff Face is Ventura.

In his lawsuit filed in Hennepin County District Court, Ventura denies any such fight took place and alleges that Kyle defamed him in an effort to promote his book. He's seeking unspecified monetary damages, including any profits from the book's sales.

According to Kyle's portrayal, the incident occurred in 2006 in a Coronado bar frequented by SEALs. Kyle was attending a wake for Mike Mansoor, who received the Medal of Honor after throwing himself on a grenade to save fellow SEALs in Iraq.

(Snip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXEJazmzHzE

California Asks Judges: Gay or Straight?

In order to make sure gays and lesbians are adequately represented on the judicial bench, the state of California is requiring all judges and justices to reveal their sexual orientation. The announcement was made in an internal memo sent to all California judges and justices.

Scissors-32x32.png

Bizarro World

And maybe some can become SEALS

California Asks Judges: Gay or Straight?

In order to make sure gays and lesbians are adequately represented on the judicial bench, the state of California is requiring all judges and justices to reveal their sexual orientation. The announcement was made in an internal memo sent to all California judges and justices.

Scissors-32x32.png

Seems like this will cause a higher representation of gl's as the likely way to lie is that they are straight.