Primary 2012

Rheo

I saw this bumper sticker on a car this morning.... caused me to say "Amen" and chuckle a little.mark_levin_president_2012_bumper_sticker.jpg

Can you see him dealing with downside Debbie?

SHUT UP YA BIG DUMMY

laugh.png

It's unanimous all Democrats agree Republicans hate, loath, detest Barack Obama

The only question is why?

A. He is better than we are, and Republicans are jealous

B. He's Black, and Republicans are Racists

C. Republicans are just too partisan, and unlike Barack Obama they put party before country,so Republicans hate hime for showing this up

D. Republicans are just too stupiod and hateful to understand really understand the wonderful wonderfulness and moral superiority of Barack Obama.

Gingrich to Afghanistan: ‘Figure Out How to Live Your Own Miserable Life’

NASHVILLE-Newt Gingrich said it is impossible to “fix” Afghanistan and suggested the U.S. should to tell Afghan citizens to “figure out how to live your own miserable life.”

Speaking at a business luncheon here on Monday, Mr. Gingrich amped up his criticism of U.S. involvement in Afghanistan after a string of attacks by Afghan soldiers on American troops. ”We’re not going to fix Afghanistan,” the former House speaker said. “It’s not possible.”

His prescription:”What you have to do is say, ‘You know, you’re going to have to figure out how to live your own miserable life… Because you clearly don’t want to learn from me how to be unmiserable.’”

The Fight and the Fighter

TROY, Michigan -- Rick Santorum had been speaking for nearly an hour Sunday night in Davison. He had laid out his policies on economics, on energy, on social issues and national security. He had defended his record against attacks from his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, and expressed strong criticism of President Obama's policies. He took questions from the audience of about 400 people who packed Crystal Hall and gave lengthy, detailed answers. When it came time for the final question, a man mentioned the "kid gloves" treatment that many conservatives felt Obama received from 2008 GOP nominee John McCain.

Would Santorum go after Obama?

"Well, what do you think?" Santorum answered, getting a huge cheer from the crowd. Santorum said that he has tried to avoid personal attacks in the long Republican primary campaign and preferred to "keep it on the issues." The former Pennsylvania senator then said, "I'm not going to go out and personally attack Barack Obama.… I'm going to talk about what he's done to this country. I'm going to talk about his policies.… I'm going to hold him accountable for every decision he's made.… Let me assure you, we will draw a contrast. We will talk about what's at stake in this country. We will not let you down. We will fight for your principles and we'll fight for this country. Just help us, here in Michigan, on Tuesday."

Scissors-32x32.png

WestVirginiaRebel

GOP Governors to GOP White House Hopefuls: Talk Economics, Please

“When I’m talking to people in Virginia … about what bothers them and their children and grandchildren, it’s, ‘How am I going to get the cost of college education down?’” said Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, who has endorsed Mitt Romney and is often mentioned as a possible vice presidential pick. “How am I going to get Johnny out of debt before he goes out into the world? Is Johnny going to get a job when they graduate or are we still going to have this horrible job environment? Is Johnny going to be saddled with $50,000 in national debt because we can’t pay it off in this current generation?

“I mean, that’s what families are talking about,” he added. “They’re not as much talking about these other issues.”

The “other issues” McDonnell is referring to range from abortion to gay rights to the debate on contraception set off when President Obama proposed requiring religious affiliated organizations to offer employees free contraception coverage in health insurance plans. Obama eventually compromised by ordering insurance companies to cover contraception themselves, but the GOP presidential field is still discussing contraception and other hot-button issues, such as the role of religion in politics. The emphasis has not only highlighted views that in some cases are outside the mainstream, it has distracted from critiques of the economy, the issue still most pressing for voters.

David Brooks is not happy With the ultra radical fringe conservatives.

(Snip)"All across the nation, there are mainstream Republicans lamenting how the party has grown more and more insular, more and more rigid. This year, they have an excellent chance to defeat President Obama, yet the wingers have trashed the party’s reputation by swinging from one embarrassing and unelectable option to the next: Bachmann, Trump, Cain, Perry, Gingrich, Santorum.

But where have these party leaders been over the past five years, when all the forces that distort the G.O.P. were metastasizing? Where were they during the rise of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck? Where were they when Arizona passed its beyond-the-fringe immigration law? Where were they in the summer of 2011 when the House Republicans rejected even the possibility of budget compromise? They were lying low, hoping the unpleasantness would pass.

The wingers call their Republican opponents RINOs, or Republican In Name Only. But that’s an insult to the rhino, which is a tough, noble beast. If RINOs were like rhinos, they’d stand up to those who seek to destroy them. Actually, what the country needs is some real Rhino Republicans. But the professional Republicans never do that. They’re not rhinos. They’re Opossum Republicans. They tremble for a few seconds then slip into an involuntary coma every time they’re challenged aggressively from the right."

(Snip)

Gingrich: ‘Transvestite’ invited me to ‘exorcism of Jerry Falwell’

David Edwards

2/28/12

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich recently told a story about a “transvestite” he met to explain why he doesn’t agree with “San Francisco values.”

Gingrich explained a 2006 fundraising pitch, in which had asked for donations so that conservative accomplishments were not “lost to the San Francisco values of would-be Speaker Nancy Pelosi.”

Last month, the Georgia Republican accused Pelosi of living “in a San Francisco environment of strange fantasies and strange understandings of reality.”

(Snip)

(Click and scroll down for video)

I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and say this is something you won't see at a GOP convention.

In my wandering around the net today I found something interesting...

Newt on Fox and Friends

Newt on the Today Show

Anybody notice anything similar? Like the same questions put the same way.

• Like 1

@Valin

"I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and say this is something you won't see at a GOP convention."

A transvestite or Gingrich in a dress?

Ya, we NEVER have any excitementlaugh.png Shucks

@Valin

"I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and say this is something you won't see at a GOP convention."

A transvestite or Gingrich in a dress?

Ya, we NEVER have any excitementlaugh.png Shucks

Boredom can be our friend. biggrin.png

Well, if it did happen at the Dem convention, they would not think a thing of it, it wouldn't be a novelty-at the Pubbie convention it would.biggrin.png

• Like 1