What are your wine recommendations?

- - - - -
  • You cannot reply to this topic

#21 NCTexan

• Members
  • 7,420 posts
  • North Carolina

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Beautiful nose with hints of lavender, blueberry pie, buttermilk and floral notes. In the mouth nice citrus quality, Feminine, sophisticated, classy wine with great balance. Elegant. Soft, harmonious. Excellent tannin structure.

In all my vast wine imbibing experience that is the most oxymoronic metaphorically challenged analogy I have ever encountered as to the bouquet and character of a wine. :rolleyes: . :P

Rady Lheo should write more descriptions after working so hard. :lmfao:
(Loved every word)

Several years ago we were invited to a "somewhat snooty" Bordeaux Society wine tasting.

Some of the regular members brought highly regarded bottles from their cellars.

One of the descriptions of an older wine that had not yet "time to catch its breath" was BARNYARD. :unsure:

I'm still not certain if that was meant to be good or bad. :huh:

Scroll to comments

1996 Château Gruaud Larose (Red, France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien) Find this wine to buy

85 points - Tasted Oct 4, 2010

1996 Gruaud Larose opened with barnyard, tobacco, earth and unclean aromas. Medium to full bodied with a lean, rustic personality and an earthy, cassis flavored finish, this is not a success for a vintage where so many great wines were produced in the Medoc. I do not see this wine improving with age.

Posted Image

#22 Rheo

• Board Member
  • 22,385 posts
  • Texas

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Beautiful nose with hints of lavender, blueberry pie, buttermilk and floral notes. In the mouth nice citrus quality, Feminine, sophisticated, classy wine with great balance. Elegant. Soft, harmonious. Excellent tannin structure.

In all my vast wine imbibing experience that is the most oxymoronic metaphorically challenged analogy I have ever encountered as to the bouquet and character of a wine. :rolleyes: . :P

Rady Lheo should write more descriptions after working so hard. :lmfao:

(Loved every word)

I don't write these descriptions, just copy and paste and drink em up. :D

#23 logicnreason

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • United States

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

Just received a bottle of wine as partial payment for some work. It's called "Evolution". From a winery in OR called "Sokol Blosser" (I've never heard of it).
At any rate - it remains unopened, but the following gives me high hopes. From "Fine Cooking" magazine: "Evolution is clean tasting, refreshing, and oh-so-easy to drink. It's a great apéritif and a slam-dunk match for Asian flavors that can be tricky to pair with wine. Evolution is just as good a match for every night favorites like roast chicken or grilled salmon. (Do stay away from tomato-based dishes, which would overwhelm Evolution's delightful aromas and flavors.)"

We'll see!

Anyone ever have this wine before?? Did you like it??

#24 clearvision

• Board Member
  • 14,170 posts
  • Texas

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

I've had Pinor Noir from Sokol Blosser, but not the Evolution. As it is a blend they should be able to control the quality and flavors pretty well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users