Government Classic Christie: Vows to ‘Punch’ Teachers Unions

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
classic-christie-vows-to-punch-teachers-unions
THE BLAZE:

We’ve come to expect fireworks from NJ Gov. Chris Christie, and he usually delivers. Like at Jeb Bush’s Excellence in Action Conference, where he explained how you stand up to a bully like the New Jersey teachers union NJEA (starts at 3:22):

areafiftyone

Why is he (apparently) the only politician saying these things?

(Aside)

5% raise! This year I got a 2.5% raise...we went two years with no raises.

Guest areafiftyone

areafiftyone

(Aside)

Because Christie is a North Easterner who has guts (in the mode of Giuliani - Giuliani said that Christie was running he told Rudy that he was going to be like him when he is Governor). Christie is not worried about being the party favorite and saying what voters want to hear (unlike all the other politicians out there) - he will work with Democrats when he has to but he will not bow down to them or his own party if he thinks its not good for NJ. He is not a Tea Party member nor is he a social conservative. Lots of things he is going to do will not score him points with Conservatives if he wants to run for president, but unlike the other Republican politicians in this country that is not important to him he is not here to score brownie points - he is here to serve the people of NJ (all of them - not just Republican people in NJ). That is why his approval rating is above 50% in his state. He's like a breath of fresh air - because he does not tow the party line and say the same thing over and over again. Most politicians in other states are more worried about their future in politics than their own states so they tend to be clones. He's not.

I got a 2% raise this year. Most of it is not seen in my paycheck because of taxes. We went a few years without a raise also and of course we get no Christmas bonuses either. But I've grown used to that because that is something we have not gotten all the years I've been here! BAH HUMBUG!!!

areafiftyone

(Aside)

Because Christie is a North Easterner who has guts (in the mode of Giuliani - Giuliani said that Christie was running he told Rudy that he was going to be like him when he is Governor). Christie is not worried about being the party favorite and saying what voters want to hear (unlike all the other politicians out there) - he will work with Democrats when he has to but he will not bow down to them or his own party if he thinks its not good for NJ. He is not a Tea Party member nor is he a social conservative. Lots of things he is going to do will not score him points with Conservatives if he wants to run for president, but unlike the other Republican politicians in this country that is not important to him he is not here to score brownie points - he is here to serve the people of NJ (all of them - not just Republican people in NJ). That is why his approval rating is above 50% in his state. He's like a breath of fresh air - because he does not tow the party line and say the same thing over and over again. Most politicians in other states are more worried about their future in politics than their own states so they tend to be clones. He's not.

I got a 2% raise this year. Most of it is not seen in my paycheck because of taxes. We went a few years without a raise also and of course we get no Christmas bonuses either. But I've grown used to that because that is something we have not gotten all the years I've been here! BAH HUMBUG!!!

What I want is in a politician...is simple....tell me what you think. as the old saying goes...Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.